35. Dance Break

It has been a weekI was staying with Rudy in his apartment and, so far, it has been great. Not that I expected anything other than that. There hasn't been much progress in our thing aside from kissing more often and having a harder time keeping our hands to ourselves and I think that could be because of the fact that we were alone and didn't have to worry about getting caught or being teased. I facetimed Maddie pretty much everyday, once in a while with Chase (mostly when he claimed Maddie's phone when she was talking to me) and even had Drew once or twice, not so distrectly, trying to update me on Chaselyn. I loved that they were still as chaotic as ever and couldn't wait to visit them. Rudy had some online interviews and also did some lives on Instagram with other cast members. Aside from editing some of my own pictures, I had nothing else to do in the meantime so I stayed in the background, either cleaning or reading one of the many books Rudy owned. 
Another day came by and Rudy was supposed to go live again with JD. I had to answer to some e-mails but decided to push that task to when Rudy was busy so I could be busy myself. 
"Aaaand we're live!"
I didn't even noticed Rudy getting ready to start it so I immeadiatly got up from the couch with my laptop with the intention of going to "our" room so Rudy could be more comfortable by himself. To my surprise, he told me to stay, laughing at the fact that I thought I would be bothering him, claiming he didn't mind the company at all. It was cute and I felt better, so, after I finished my e-mails, I stood on my same spot, staring at him, appreciating the way he comunicated with his fans and even giving acting advice. I even heard him reading comments of peole asking about me, which resulted in him stealing glances at me, not bothering to hide his cheeky smile. He went to put some music on and, with his eyes on me, started dancing. I laughed quietly at the boy in front of me.
"Ma'lady.", he extented his hand to me, asking me to dance with him. I shook my head, smiling nervously about the fact he wanted me to appear on the live. Not that it never happened before, but it wasn't just us. Being just us felt like officializing whatever we had and, it's not that I didn't want it, it's not that I didn't appreciate the love and support everybody showed towards our potential relationship, it was that I just wanted to be sure that what we had was something real, that we were both on the same page, before diving right in, no questions asked, and end up getting hurt, or worse, lose Rudy's friendship, which I valued over everything that has been going on between us. But something in the way he looked at me made me forget about that concern and just go with it. Like we usually did. I held his hand, adjusting my crop top and my sweatpants when he pulled me to my feet.
"Dance break!", he shouted.
At first we danced together, twirling around, making dips, pretending to dance a professional tango, laughing the entire time at how bad we were at it. I actually forgot about the phone showing it to thousands of people for a moment. Another song started playing, making us break apart so each one could do their own thing, their own dance-ish thing, just goofing around in front the phone camera. Still dancing, Rudy made his way to the phone to check the comments. Curious, I did the same, doing a weird walk towards him, making him laugh as he looked at me through the screen. 

user they're fucking goals omg

user1 AHHHHHH IM SCREAMING THEYRE SO CUTE

jonathandavissofficial I have no idea who these people are

madelyncline GO BEST FRIENDS, GO BEST FRIENDS

user2 are they living together?

madisonbaileybabe Weeeerrrkkk

user3 just confirm youre dating alreadyyyy

"Hi friends!", I exclaimed, timidly, contrasted to my quirky attitude not even five seconds before, which made Rudy laugh. I bumped my hip into his as in telling him to shut up but it only made him laugh harder. 
"Hey JD, get in man.", Rudy said. I went around the kitchen table to the fridge to grab some water. Being the clumsy shit I am, I miscalculated when I should tilt the water bottle to take a sip and a bit of water ran down my chin, leaving a thin trail of water to run down my crop top. I cursed in a hushed tone and, hoping Rudy didn't just witness that, I took a glance at him, but the idiot was already looking at me, visibly holding back a laugh. I held a finger up signaling him to not even try to say anything as I tried to uselessly clean the water drops between my boobs. His eyes didn't leave mine though, well actually, my chest.
"Stop staring stupid.", I whispered, now controlling my laugheter too. 
He just winked at me and turned his attention back to the live.

user ok tell me I wasnt the only one who saw the wink

user1 THE WINK bYE

user2 I want someone to looka at me the way Rudy looks at Kelly

user3 imagine getting winked at by Rudy Pankow im so jealous of Kelly rn

JD eventually joined the live, Rudy moved to the couch and I decided to stay in the kitchen. I was doind my own thing, once in a while Rudy moved the camera so I could appear when JD asked me a question or wanted to include me in a conversation. I interrupted Rudy and JD's current discussion by accidentally dropping a pan, making a loud, echoing sound when it hit the floor. Rudy's eyes widened at the sudden noise.
"What the hell was that?", JD asked through the phone. 
"Kelly.", he asnwered, "What are you doing?", he turned to me. 
"Waffles."
Rudy gasped in excitement getting up from the couch.
"Yo Kelly's making me waffles!", he said to the phone.
"Who said it was for you?"
His excitement dropped and I couldn't contain my laugh for long. 
"Oh shoot!"
"I'm kidding! You can have some!"
He smiled again and I heard JD laugh. 
"Ship. Ship, ship, ship."
"Shut up Pope.", Rudy said, fake mad, impersonating JJ. 

They ended the live at the same time I finished removing the last waffles from the machine. I separated it into two plates and set them up on the kitchen table along with some toppings and fruits and cutted earlier. Rudy came to stand behind me as I cleaned the waffle machine, his arms wrapping around my waist from behind and his lips leaving kisses from my right shoulder to under ear. 
"Have I ever told how much I love you and your waffles?"
"Hmm, no, not that I can remember.", I joked, cleaning my hands with a towel and turning my head to look at him. He kissed my nose and smiled.
"Well I do love you. And your waffles."