16. Rain Of Compliments

"I swear, Kelly, I don't know how you do it but your pictures just hit different."
I laughed at Madison's choice of words and looked over her shoulder as she scrolled through my laptop looking at the rest of the photoshoot.
"I'm kinda proud of myself actually! The pics turned out really great."
"I love them!"
Madison was keeping me company while I cleaned up the room where we did the photoshoot. JD went to use the bathroom but he made sure to show his excitement to see the pics after seeing Madison's reaction to them. The filming of the show was coming to the end and it was time to start taking care of all the promotion of the show. So, it was safe to say that I've been busier than ever, doing photoshoots almost everyday, editing hundreds of pictures in record time and pretending I wasn't pretty much dependent on caffeine due to the many sleepless nights I spent editing. Jonas told me I didn't need to rush things or stress so much about it, but perfectionism could be both a blessing and a curse and I was sure I was under it's curse, big time. Also, my jaw hurt from yawning so much. Oh boy, I couldn't wait for this show to come out.
"Alright, let's see those pics!", JD said, coming back from the bathroom.
"They're so beautiful and they're not even edited yet.", Madison commented. I couldn't help but blush, even though I was always genuinely complimenting people, I never really learned how to take compliments myself. I guess you could blame it hating to be the center of attention and recieving compliments feels just like that, like every pair of eyes around you is looking right through your soul. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people liking my work, I just had the unfortunate luck of having this stupid anxiety.

"So, I heard that our photographer for today is really, really good.", Chase said, as I sat down in front of him on the table. Rudy was sitting next me and I saw him smiling at me while nodding with his head, agreeing with Chase, who was smiling proudly.
We were having lunch and right after that it was Rudy and Chase's turn to be photographed.
"Oh yeah? Who is she?", I played along, hoping my red cheeks weren't that noticeable.
"She's this super hot chick that just so happens to be super talented too and we are very lucky to be working with her."
"You're so full of shit, you know that?"
"Hey, I'm being nice here."
"You're being kinda desperate.", Chase replied, laughing. Rudy laughed too in an attempt to hide his blushing cheeks, which only made Chase laugh harder. So, there we were, a guy and a girl blushing like two high school lovers. Ew, that was so cheesy. But for real, it felt like that with Rudy, there was just something so pure about him it was almost impossible to not fall for him. I shamelessly did.
"But for real, Bailey wouldn't shut up about how great their pictures turned out, it made me really excited to work with you miss Winter."
"Why thank you, Stokes, I'm very excited to work with you too.", I smiled. I was pouring myself a glass of orange juice and I could feel Rudy's eyes on me. When Chase silently laughed, I turned my head to look at the blonde.
"What?"
"Aren't you excited to work with me too?"
I covered my mouth with one hand to hide my laugh. Why was he so cute? It melted my insides.
"Of course I am, hun. You know you're my favorite."
"Yes!"
"Ok, that was kind rude!", Chase complained.
"You're Maddie's favorite, isn't that enough?"
And that was enought to make Chase blush and go quiet and Rudy and I laugh. We went back to eating, discussing how the photoshoot would work and just randomly talking about the show.
After a while, the rest of the cast joined us at the table and my "talent" was brought up again. I kept hiding my face in my hands in embarassment but my smile never faded. During the rain of compliments towards my work, Rudy's hand never left my knee and he wore a proud smile on his face. How was I suppost to act like I didn't feel anything for that guy when he was so amazing like that? 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

jonathandavissofficial

Liked by kellyinwinterland, madisonbaileybabe and 180,767 othersjonathandavissofficial 🖤🤍 photo by @kellyinwinterland

jonathandavissofficial 🖤🤍 photo by @kellyinwinterland

user ship
user1 POWER COUPLE
kellyinwinterland You guys are so pretty makes me wanna cry
-jonathandavissofficial @kellyinwinterland YOU make us look pretty
-kellyinwinterland @jonathandavissofficial 
madisonbaileybabe I looooove yooou JD!! And @kellyinwinterland you're the freakin best 
-jonathandavissofficial @madisonbaileybabe @kellyinwinterland I love you gals
-kellyinwinterland @jonathandavissofficial @madisonbaileybabe I love you guys 🥺❤
user2 I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SHOW
user3 so glad Kelly exists and provides pics like these
-kellyinwinterland @user3