Chapter Twenty-Six: Her Choice

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Marinette's POV

Let's be honest. When I was seventeen I was a fucking mess.

School, my soulmate, my ex boyfriend, and the fact that the whole school was trying to dip their nasty ass feet in my drama.

(I learned that phrase from Luka when he was complaining about the social hierarchy one time when we were he's cute when he's upset

I was just done- I was completely burnt out.

Not to mention that Adrien couldn't even stand to look at me- Not that I wanted to even look at him-

If you broke up with your boyfriend two days ago and saw him practically swallowing another girl's lips you would be both disgusted and pissed too.

Adrien...

I shivered at the memories that had been imprinted and branded in my mind of him and Kagami.

I ended the relationship drunk two days ago. He moved fast- and a part of my heart ached for him.

Yesterday after I got home from the houseboat I ignored my parents requests and just crashed on my bed.

Sobbing into a pillow and wiping off all of my dry mascara.

Everything was coming together for everyone... Why couldn't I be happy!? Why was everything so complicated?

I-I felt like I was drowning in my love and pain.

Only one person was causing this. One guy.

One guy who over the years even if I didn't know it- made me laugh-made me a better person, who was always there for me, and taught me what love really was.

It wasn't Adrien though.

You all forget that I've known Luka before highschool-since Kindergarten really.

Because a part of my heart belonged to Luka. I may have never admitted it but it did.

Yesterday- With Luka...

My mind traveled to him as I sat alone in science class.

He pulled away from a kiss with me... for me?

My pencil dipped on the paper as I tried to balance the chemical equations on my page.

No matter how much of an ass Luka was... he always put me first... always.

My mind flashed to the beginning when I never noticed him until now.

Sacrificing his feelings for mine during the dance and letting me continue to date Adrien...

Tutoring me and taking all of his time to help me study-not to mention play the guitar for me to make me feel better.

Holding me close as we looked into the sunset.

Even when he was mad at me that one night Adrien and I got into a fight he was there. He was there for me at my door with a kind smile.

He let me go at the concert so I could hang out with Adrien-

He loved me for my stuttering- for my flaws-for my mistakes. He knew I wasn't perfect and that's why he loved me.

But the thing is- I didn't want Adrien anymore...

I wanted Luka. Completely Luka.

No one else.

I shot up my hand in a flash.

"Yes, Ms. Dupain?"

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

I lied though.

I wasn't going to the bathroom. I was going to see Luka.

He had ditched and from what Juleka told me about how they used to go to an ice rink whenever they were sad or needed to clear their mind when they were little-

I think I knew where he was. I ran out clutching my bag looking for the nearest ice rink.

(A/N: I'M SO SORRY THIS SEEMS A BIT MORE LAZIER OF WRITING THAN USUAL! AND A SHORTER CHAPTER)

BUT THATS ONLY BECAUSE...

MY NEW LUKANETTE FANFIC COMES OUT TONIGHT AT 7:00 PM EST!

(Which is funny cause I'm actually in the ECT time zone. But whatever! AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU ALL TO READ IT SINCE I GOT REQUESTS TO MAKE IT!)

ILY GUYS!