Chapter Seventeen: His Day With Her

(A/N: I ordered a miraculous ladybug poster and am currently watching Cristina Vee, the very talented VA of Marinette, on Tik Tok live. EEE I'M SO EXCITED ANYWAYS-)

Luka's POV

"Hi ma-ma-Marinette."

"Luka." She spoke softly looking up at me with shock and runny mascara. "W-why?"

"I'm sorry I should've never talked to you that way Marinette, after you left- I- I just felt so bad- and Juleka hit me with her tiny purse a lot- and that shit hurts- and I just I needed to make sure you wer-" I looked at her, reassessing her again.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

And that's when she broke down crying again.  Man- I feel like everytime I hang out with this girl or try to- she starts crying.  This was worse than PDA- A girl crying in public was-

"I'M SO TIRED LUKA!" She broke my thoughts, "I'M SO TIRED LUKA OF ALL THIS RESPONSIBILITY AND HAVING TO PUT UP A FONT ALL THE TIME AND NEVER TO BE WHO I TRULY AM!"

In the moment, I felt my arms wrap around her as I felt her snuggle into my chest.  I could feel her snot and tears run through my shirt but- our body heat being this close together I barely felt it.  Not that I would care if I did.

I could feel her nosy parents (who I would soon find out were nothing but delightful) watching us from outside the bakery.  I sighed playing with her hair affectionately.

And then- I did something I would never do-I spoke from the heart.  "You can tell me everything Marinette, or nothing if you like- you can be yourself with me y'know? Just yourself."

My eyes went wide as I realized the sentences that slipped through my lips.

She nodded as she wiped her eyes and pulled away.  I felt myself shiver at the miss of her warmth.

"T-thank you Luka." I nodded at her softly.

Marinette glanced in the windows and burst out laughing at the sight of her parents.

"Well... I'm s-sorry too- and I should probably go back inside at the sight of my nosy parents." We both laughed as we watched her parents duck and hide as they met our eyes.  It was like watching a deer in headlights as we saw them scramble and shut off the lights as if they weren't there. 

As I saw her smile at me with her big blue doe eyes she still looked a bit sad.  The smile didn't reach her eyes. 

"Marinette-" I called out.

She turned around almost immediately. 

"We have another band p-practice tomorrow- do you w-wanna come?"  I squirmed.

I wiped my hands on my pants from the sweat gushing on and off of it.  Gross. Damn when did my palms start heating up.

Don't get all excited- she looked sad- what better way to cheer her up with her non-soulmate.

Marinette nodded with a smile.  A real smile this time.

"I would love to see the groove." She answered. Did she mean "group"? I snickered.

"I think we better go and join the groove together tomorrow- you said?" I laughed.

Marinette's face went red as she palmed it.  "Did I seriously say that?"

I nodded. "You're a funny girl, Marinette."

And with that I left, not being able to sleep till morning. 

____________

I hopped out of bed.  I pulled on a fresh pair of socks, a non-snotty shirt and a Jagged Stone T-shirt.

I wasn't trying to look my best or cool for Marinette today- I was always looking cool.  It just happened that Marinette was coming over.

I looked at the time 1:00 PM shit- I slept through band practice- I hopped out of bed to be greeted by a beautiful pair of bluebell eyes.  My stress- (and heart) melted as I saw Marinette in front of me.

She was wearing a navy knee skirt with ruffles and a- tucked in navy blue baggy shirt.  In the middle of the shirt was a white crescent.

She smiled up at me, "Who knew we'd both be wearing Jagged Stone Ts?" She laughed.

Weird... her behavior had totally changed from last night.

"I hope that you're aware that you slept through your own band practice." She teased.

I pouted at her words and it was quickly replaced by a gasp.  She was bending down and touching my leg and arms and-

"What the fu-"

"I'm your new designer," she giggled, "What did you seriously think I would disrupt the 'PDA' in your household," she teased even harder as my face went red.

"You have a dirty dirty dirty mind Luka Couffaine." She said even louder.

"Sh-shut up." I said as my face went red.  She took out a tape measure and continued to  measure.

"Why did you want to be our designer anyways?" 

"I want to challenge myself; also your family is fun." She cheered-

I rolled my eyes playfully.  There was another reason though, I knew it and so did she.  She didn't want to be around Adrien, for whatever reason, and was trying to distract herself.

For the next hours we talked about everything we could...

The string pact, Jagged Stone, school, pressure on grades, gossiping about people we didn't like, and eventually, what happened between her and Adrien the other night.

"Marinette- I'm-i'm so sorry but we don't know if she's his- soul-"

"The point is I'm not his." Marinette stated quietly.

Our silence was broken by Juleka, "KITTY SECTION IS OUR OFFICIAL BAND NAME!" She roared before Rose came and hugged her tightly.  In the moment Ivan rushed in, "CELEBRATORY JAGGED STONE CONCERT TICKETS, INCLUDING ONE FOR OUR NEW DESIGNER!"

"Kitty Section?" I questioned.

"AHH! NO WAY TONIGHT!" Marinette lit up with a giggle.

"Uhh I don't know guys..." I said.  I wanted to respect the pact Marinette and I made.  I didn't want to hurt her anymore than I did.  Especially since she was fighting with Adrien currently.

"No you have to!" Marinette tugged on my arm pleadingly.  I felt my cheeks fill with blush as Juleka looked at me with a smirk.

Marinette and I had grown close in the couple months.  And at this time and kinda forever after this- I couldn't say no to her.  Not with her baby doll eyes and her cute dotted freckles.

"Fine, tonight, the concert."

(A/N: TEA IS SPILLING AT THE CONCERT TONIGHT ALSO EXTRA LONG CHAPTERS COMING HEHEHEHE)