Chapter Eleven: His Demise

Luka's POV

It had been two weeks.

I couldn't stop thinking about Marinette being my soulmate. 

Marinette Dupain-Cheng of all the people.  It really was... something-

What would Adrien do when he turned 17!? What would happen to Marinette? Worse, what would happen to me...

I shivered.  I never knew how scary Adrien could be when he was pissed.  I saw first hand in the hallway-

If he found out I was her soulmate- I would probably get the crap beaten out of me. 

But in this situation I had no idea what to do. She was in love with someone else and well I- I just didn't feel that way about her.

Turning the corner I headed into science just before seeing, speak of the devil, Adrien Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Looks like he and Marinette had made up. 

School gossip traveled pretty fast and- Marinette wasn't exactly forgiving of Adrien leaving her at the dance to help Lila. 

They apparently got into a big fight, but now they looked more than close. 

I watched as he slammed her down against the locker as they continued their rough make out session.

I nearly gagged. 

'THE FREAKING PDA.' My mind screamed.

Marinette giggled and looked up at Adrien, lips still pressed together.  Her eyes however, happened to travel to me.

I blushed.  It was awkward watching and getting caught by your "non-soulmate" kiss her boyfriend.

Marinette hastily pulled away as she met my eyes.

Adrien tried to protest but she just laughed, and slipped under his arm.

As I entered the classroom I heard her say, "I have to go to class, Kay?"

Shortly after me, Marinette entered eyeing me embarrassed.  What did she have to be embarrassed about? She was the one doing the PDA in the hallway?!

Yeah... In case you guys didn't know I really hate "PDA."

Shivering at the thought, I sat next to Ivan.  After the dance Marinette had convinced Ivan and Nino to swap seats with us.  Don't ask me how.  The girl's got influence.

She sat up at the front with Nino, both were goofing off and making fun of the fact that Alya was so intent with her reporting that she fell into the bushes. 

Shaking off my thoughts I cleared my mind and began the test.  Not gonna lie, when it came to school I was pretty diligent not to brag.

Smirking I went up to the front handing in my test.  The whole class groaned.  I was usually the first to finish, and the first to get good grades. 

I almost didn't notice Marinette digging her fingers through her hair with tears in her eyes.  The look of utter confusion and terror plastered on her face as she stared down at her test.

Once the teacher finished grading all of our grades in class, she handed our tests back.

I gave a grin. 98%.

Right as we were gathering our stuff I heard the teacher say, "Luka, Marinette can you stay for a minute?"

Both of us froze and exchanged looks from across the room.  We hadn't talked since the night we found out we were soulmates and we certainly didn't want to talk now.

I nodded going to the front.  Trying to walk as slow as possible so maybe I could avoid whatever would come next. 

As Marinette stood awkwardly next to each other the teacher spoke up.

"Marinette is failing."

I gaped and looked across at her.  She looked down in shame.

"I-"

"Doesn't matter what it is," the teacher cut her off, "I have a solution."

I froze. Solution?

"Luka you have one of the highest grades in the class, you will be tutoring Marinette everyday after school."

"WHAT-"