Chapter Twenty-One: His Hot Cocoa

(A/N: Is that how u spell coaco? LMAO! THIS IS A LONGGG CHAPTER AND I POSTED ANOTHER ONE AFTER THIS HEHEH TWO IN A ROW)

Luka's POV

I sighed going back to the houseboat in the rain.

Thinking of the events that had occurred minutes before:

-LE FLASHBACK-

"What?"

She looked at me incredulously for clarification.

I don't know how I said those three words and eight letters.  But they came out... that was exactly what my heart was saying so-

I looked at her through the downpour of the rain.

I gave a hard swallow before saying it again, "I love you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng." The rain came down harder between us matting our hair.

"I meant every single word, and every single strum in that love song. I-I've never believed in soulmates or love- but I believe in you- and crap that just sounded really cheesy." I trailed off suddenly feeling self conscious about my sudden love declaration/ramble.

I shook off the embarrassment and continued.

"Marinette you're the most extraordinary girl as clear as a musical note and sincere as a melody.  And when you told me to stay at that concert- I-I want to be with you not because of my string but because I actually-"

I saw Marinette's phone covered in wet glass shine with a name on it, 'Adrien💚'. He was calling her.

I paused nodding. Marinette looked down at her phone in shock to decline it but- I continued.

Shit. What had I been doing?

Confessing my love to this girl?! She-she had Adrien- Why did I think she would love me- he was a supermodel for god sakes! I felt like I wanted to run but my legs were planted still as I looked at the girl in front of me.

"I'm not one to hold umbrellas- I'm not one to hold someone close-I'm not one to love someone... until I met you... But... I get it..." I whispered.

"Luka..." she trailed off, brushing her damp bangs out of her hair.

"Please go with him... you'll be better with him." I said softly. 

What the hell had I been doing.  My mouth moved without talking.  "I love you"?! The guitar song!?

What the hell was I doing- in what world would she love me over Adrien Agreste?

"Luka-" Marinette reached out to grab me but I gave her a soft smile.

"Jus-just forget about it okay... I have no idea where that came from anyways..."

"But-" she started again at a loss for words.

"Marinette it-it's fine.  I think I'm just tired... I'm not one to do anything- anything like this..l I'm just tired... I-I didn't mean it- I mean-"

"Luka-" Marinette said more firmly, walking over to me. 

The rain shattered all surrounding sounds around us.  It was like it created a secret space for just the two of us.

"AHH!"

I saw her face turn from surprise to fear as her sneakers squeaked on the deck causing her to fall forward- In an instant I wrapped my arms around her to break her fall.