Chapter Fourteen: Her Stuttering

Author's Note: TY GUYS FOR THE READS AND VOTES!💜💜💜

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING MY STORIES SO-

You don't have to follow me or anything but I will be making more miraculous ladybug fanfics if you wanna check them out! (I am currently finishing a Marichat one)

PLZ message me if you have any requests for a story/ship fanfic!

Marinette's POV

We almost kissed.

I leaned in.

He leaned in.

I put my hand on his cheek.

He smiled at me with something other than his douchey sarcasm. 

We almost kissed.

The words swam through my mind as I jumped up-from almost being caught, I still had butterflies in my stomach.

I patted my cheeks trying to make sense of this.  No.  We were just friends. WE MADE A PACT FOR GOD SAKES! Our goal was to ignore each other so that I could continue being with Adrien and he could continue living his life without someone as annoying as me-

No.  It wasn't us right?

The tune, the mood, the music, it was what made us do- that...

"LUKA! BAND PRACTICE!"

As Juleka was teasing Luka I couldn't help thinking of that song.  It was like he knew exactly what I was feeling.  The tune my heart was playing-

WAIT-

Did Juleka just say band practice?!

At that point I had completely forgotten about our almost kiss- I mean Luka was in a band for Christ sakes!? For a person who seemed so quiet and rebellious-ish I would have never expected him to be in a band.

I laughed excitedly, "You're in a band!?"

Guess I don't know him as well as I thought I did...

I mean I never thought he would tutor me, yet play me a song in the first place...

I looked into his deep aqua eyes and smiled.  Luka looked at me, mouth ajar.  His peach pink lips and black to blue graduated hair, the way his cheeks lit up with blush-

My thoughts and gaze were broken as I heard Juleka ask if I wanted to play with their band.

"OH-No-no! That's really f-fine! I mean thank y-you but-"

Now it was Luka's time to tease.  Quickly getting over his blush, he chuckled. 

"Since when do you stutter?"

"I Uh..."

The aching fear filled my body of performing in front of people as I violently shook my head no.

Juleka interrupted us and laughed, "Well- if you want you can still watch."

I shook my head violently again, except this time to say yes.  As I eagerly nodded, I gave Luka a devilish grin.  A grin that probably had: 'who knew you were a band dork', written all over it.

Luka rolled his eyes before pouting and looking away from me, his nose stuck up high.

So over dramatic.  I giggled and turned back to Juleka.

Juleka rolled her eyes at her brother's reaction too.  Was rolling eyes a family trait?  They all seemed to do it an awful lot...

She stuck out her hand, "I don't think we're formally introduced, I'm Juleka."

"Ma-Ma-Marinette." I stuttered again shaking her hand. 

I mentally stabbed myself.  I knew exactly where my stuttering was coming from, to answer Luka's question.  Luka's twin sister had almost caught us kissing- What if she spread rumors? Or what if she figured out that I was his soulmate? Or maybe I was stuttering from the fact that Luka and I had almost kissed willingly.

Luka let out a loud laugh and crashed back on his bed as if he had just heard the funniest thing in the world.

"Really? Ma-Ma-Marinette?!" He teased.

I felt my cheeks glow red.

"H-hey stop it!"  I yelled back at him, chuckling a little myself.

I had never seen him smile that wide before.  His smile was beautiful.

Juleka rolled her eyes, again, 'yeah this was definitely a family trait', I mentally noted to myself. 

Grabbing Luka's arm, while he was still laughing hysterically at my stuttering, she grabbed his guitar and left me in Luka's bedroom.

I smiled to myself.  A warm feeling grew in my stomach and shortly afterwards, I followed them out to the boat to see the preformance.

A/N: I wanted to post this like six hours ago but my wifi right now is 💩.

(Author'sNote/AN: I KNOW IM GIVING A LOT OF AUTHOR'S NOTES BUT- IMMA DO A SPAM OF A LOT OF CHAPTERSOVER THE WEEKEND (NOT JOKING LIKE PROLLY 2 CHAPTERS PER DAY-WOOWOWOWOWO)