Chapter 18

It was only two nights later from burying my Granny that my dad was comforting me because I had a nightmare. He shooed Jonathan out with Tyler, telling them to go into the guest room for the night. My dad came over to my bed and got in, while he was cuddling me he was humming our favorite song, Butterfly Kisses. 

"I love you, BreAnna Leigh Adams-Toews." My dad said to me. I turned to look at him and he had a couple of stray tears fall, I wiped them away and kissed his forehead.

"And I love you, David Cole Adams." I told him. He hugged my for a while and kissed me on the forehead  and muttered a 'Thank you'. 

"Do you want me to leave and go get Jonathan and baby Ty? Or would you like for me to give you some space?" He asked me. I guessed he thought that I wanted him to leave because I didn't say anything, so he got up and kissed my forehead and headed for the door.

"Daddy, please don't leave me now. I need you."  called out to him, he stopped and climbed back in bed with me. 

"Are you sure you want me in here with you?" He asked me. I chuckled a bit and snuggled into his warm embrace.

"Jonathan can wait, I need my daddy."I told him. He nodded and kissed me goodnight. 

"Night my sweet Breezy-bear." My dad used my nickname from when I was little. I lightly smiled and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight daddy." I soon drifted into a peaceful slumber.

When I woke up the brightness from the sun was blinding me so when I finally got used to the bright light, I noticed my dad was already out of bed, so I went into the bathroom with my clothes and got ready for the day. I was in the process of brushing my teeth when Jonathan barged though the door and went to the bathroom. I laughed at his eagerness to pee. I spat out the remaining toothpaste into the sink and washed my mouth out with water. I looked over at him and he had his arm stretched out, putting his weight on his left arm while he was just chilling there. 

"You feeling okay there." I asked, slightly concerned. He had his eyes closed and he was breathing heavily.

"Yeah." He breathed out. He still hasn't pulled up his pants and he is just hanging there. 

"Then why are you acting weird. Are you sure you are okay?" Concern took over my whole body. I don't know if being a mother for a year has helped my worry for things but I act like a mom all the time.

"I have had to pee since yesterday afternoon." He seriously told me. I laughed like a Hyena. He finally pulled up his pants and washed his hands.

"Why didn't you use the bathroom when you needed too?" My laughter has died down by now and he is standing in between my legs with my arms over his broad shoulders. 

"I had Tyler with me yesterday, so I guess I just forgot. But i'm fine now." He chuckled and helped me off the bathroom sink. 

"Only you. You could of just excused yourself, but of course you stubborn." I laughed. He shook his head and kissed my lips.

"I got up with David and we made a big breakfast. Everybody has eaten except you. So get your skinny bum down there and eat." He told me as he was leading me down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Did you already feed Tyler? And you did his breathing treatment?" I asked him. He shook his head, with a slight smile.

"JONATHAN. Seriously? You didn't feed our son, or give him his breathing treatment? He could get sick if you don't. If you didn't want to be a father, you could of woke me up. I would have been more than happy to tend to our son." I snapped at him. His face reddened with anger, great I knew exactly where this was going, we were going to argue. 

"Maybe you should look into the dinning room before you assume that I am a crap father. Because you have no right to call me out on my fathering ability's. I know i'm not always with you guys but I love our son so much Bre." He snapped back at me. I heard a little giggle coming from the dining room and looked at Jonathan with a 'sorry' look. 

"Jonathan, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have assumed anything. I'm sorry. You really are the best father Tyler could ever ask for. I love you." I told him. He nodded his head at me and hugged me. When we let go he told me to go into the dining room. When I walked in there the first thing I saw surprised me. There my dad was, giving Tyler his breathing treatment. My father has never shown any affection towards any kind of little children. I smiled at the two and quickly snapped a picture of it.

"Thank you, daddy." He looked up at me and smiled. He was bouncing Tyler in his arms and kissing his tiny little head.

"Your welcome. I wanted to help out you and Jonathan. So far it's going good... I think." He chuckled. I looked at Tyler and even though he had a tube in his mouth, I could tell he was happy by his eyes, the way they glimmer is amazing.

"I love that you wanted to help, dad. Your doing great, keep up the good work." I hooped at him. He smiled and focused his attention on Tyler. I left the room to go get some food of my own, knowing the baby Tyler was alright in my fathers care.

"i already made your plate."Jonathan handed me my food and some orange juice. I put my food down on the island bar anad climbed up the tall bar stool to eat. Jonathan stood right in front of me, watching me intently. I cocked an eyebrow at him while shoving half a piece of toast into my mouth.

"What?"I asked after I finished my toast. I could tell he was thinking by the way he was staring at me.

"You know, your still BreAnna Adams, not BreAnna Toews." He answered me. Oh, yeah I forgot that we aren't married, even though it seems that we are.

"I honestly forgot. It's just that we act like we are married. Jon we've been together for the past almost 8 years. Having to deal with your accident, Gran and Tyler... I have just been busy, so have you. I mean I have no clue on how to plan a wedding or what color the napkins should be." We both laughed. He picked up my plate and put it in the sink before resuming to his position. 

"Hmm... Well the napkins should be white, but I am alright with what ever color you would like." He told me. I smiled.

"Where do you want to have our wedding?" I asked him, in deep thought of wedding ideas. He thought for a bit, until he grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"Where ever you want it. I don't care where we get married, just as long as I get to marry you, that's all I care about." He kisses my knuckles. I sit there with a goofy grin on my face like a weirdo.

"Umm... We could have it in the off-season, so we don't have to worry about any games. Does that sound okay? I'll talk to a wedding planner and get things sorted for where it's going to be at and take place." I asked him. He nodded and walked over to me and pulled me into his nice and warm embrace.

"I love you, Bre." He kissed me passionately on the lips. I smiled through the kiss, and pulled away.

"I love you, Jonathan." I kissed him on his nose before getting up and walking to get Tyler. When I walked into the dining room, Tyler was asleep in my dads arms. I looked around the house my mom and sister to find them no where. I walked back to my dad and sat by him.

"Where's mom and Jaden?" I quietly asked him, careful to not wake Tyler up.

"Well your mother had a appointment with the Oncologist, so your sister went with her for support. They should be back later in the afternoon." He calmly tells me. Aren't Oncologists doctors who specialize in Cancer?

"What? Her Oncologist? Why did she have to see that kind of doctor? Is she fine?" I quickly asked him, worried for my mothers well being. He softly chuckled.

"Bre, your mother is perfectly fine. She just does yearly check-ups to make sure she is doing good. I promise you, she's fine. Alright, love?" He promises me. I nod.

"Alright." I say back.

*****************************************************************

(A/N) Hey y'all, I am finally updating, yay me. Lol. If you read this, you should comment your favorite NHL player and NHL team. Anywho, have a lovely day. Love you guys. xoxo