Chapter ten: Enemies

"Please leave me alone!" Marinette screamed.

"But, I love you, Marinette. I always will. We loved each other.... so now we'll die together."

"No! No! I'll give you my miraculous!"

"It's too late, Milady. Cataclysm!"

———————————

Marinette woke up in tears.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Adrien asked.

Tikki and Plagg were woken up by Marinette's scream and crying.

"I'm so sorry." Marinette sobbed.

Adrien hugged her and kissed her head, "It's okay, Princess. I'm right here, ok. Chat Blanc will never come back again, I promise you."

Adrien and Plagg started to adjust to Marinette's nightmares about Chat Blanc. Every once in a while she would have such a terrible nightmare and wake up in tears. Adrien felt horrible that she was going through something caused by him. Though he didn't know exactly what happened, he knew it was really bad for him to be akumatized.

A few days before this, Adrien and Marinette left Felix's house and Adrien went over to her house after they got back to Paris to take care of her hangover.

They got back on a Sunday night and it was now a week later and Marinette told her parents she was staying at Alya's and would walk to school with her the next day but, she transformed into Ladybug and stayed over at Adrien's.

Some nights, Marinette couldn't fall back asleep when she had nightmares and Adrien would stay up with her until she fell asleep or until they had to get out of bed.

"I'm sorry, Adrien." She said.

"Don't be. I'm glad I can just be here with you, Milady."

Marinette was laying on Adrien and looked down at him, "I love you."

Adrien pecked her lips, "I love you more. Try and get some rest. I'll wake you up when we have to leave for school."

Marinette laid her head down on Adrien's chest and finally fell back asleep.

"Is she doing ok now?" Tikki asked.

"I think so. She just needs rest right now."

Tikki flew over to her owner and kissed her head.

"We're going to lay back down on the couch. Goodnight... or morning I suppose." Plagg questioned.

"Goodnight," Adrien responded.

A few hours passed, Adrien didn't fall asleep the rest of the night. He was worried about Marinette. She'd been having more nightmares recently.

Marinette woke up and felt behind her to make sure the miracle box was still there. It was a habit she started when she became the new guardian.

"Are you watching me sleep?" She asked.

"Perhaps... maybe a little."

She giggled and looked at the clock, "Do I have time to take a quick shower?"

"Go for it."

Marinette grabbed her bag and went to the bathroom.

"You're not going to follow her?" Plagg asked.

"What? No! She's taking a shower."

"After what happened in London, Plagg and I have been counting the days until you give each other your... trust," Tikki added.