Chapter 23- Godparents?

Stella is now 38 weeks pregnant. It's her last shift before she goes on maternity leave. She has mixed feeling about going on maternity leave, she knows it necessary, but it's difficult for her. She's excited because her baby girl is coming soon, and she's so excited to meet her, but at the same time she is sad because she's never not worked for a long period of time. She's also going to miss everyone at 51. It's the middle of shift and Stella is working in the bullpen when she notices Kelly is in his quarters. She slowly walks over to his quarters. Stella opens the door and closes it behind her, she then walks over to his bunk and sits down.

Kelly: Hey babe you okay?

Stella: Yeah, I'm fine just mixed feelings about this being my last shift for a while.

Kelly: I know, but it means that Audrey is making her appearance soon.

Stella: I know I am so excited. I am so over being pregnant. Between the swollen ankles, the carpal tunnel, fatigue, and my back aching because it is like I have a bowling ball on me. I just want to meet our baby.

Kelly: I know babe. 

Kelly walks over to Stella and sits down next to her. Kelly sits at the top of the bed and Stella sits next to him while leaning her head on his chest.

Kelly: Listen to me. You are the strongest person I've ever met, and if I was ever in your position I wouldn't be able to do it because I'm not as strong as you are.

Stella: Thank you. I love you.

Kelly: I love you too.

Kelly kisses Stella on the forehead. He wraps his hands around Stella's hand.

Stella: This got me thinking. We never asked Casey and Brett to be Audrey's godparents. What do you say we invite them over for dinner and ask them tonight?

Kelly: Sounds like a plan. Want to divide and conquer? You ask Brett to come, and I'll ask Casey?

Stella: Good idea.

Stella gets up and walks out of Kelly's quarters she finds Brett sitting on her bunk. Stella sits on the bunk next to her.

Brett: Hey Stella how are you feeling?

Stella: Good, I guess except for the fact I feel like a whale.

Brett: Well you are carrying a child, and you look gorgeous.

Stella: Thanks, hey want to have dinner tonight? Kelly and I will have it at our place 7pm, Casey is coming as well.

Brett: I would love to! What's the occasion?

Stella: It's a surprise.

Brett: Can I have a hint what the surprise might be?

Stella: Nope, you'll have to find out tonight.

Brett: Well I am most definitely coming then.

Stella: Great see you tonight.

Stella: Hey babe, Brett said that she'll be there.

Kelly: That's great, I'll go ask Casey.

Kelly walks over to Casey's quarters.

Kelly: Hey Casey you got a second?

Casey: Sure what's up?

Kelly: Stella and I are making dinner tonight, she invited Brett want to join?

Casey: Yeah sure, what for?

Kelly: You'll find out tonight.

Casey: Fine, what time?