Chapter 22- Wedding Part 3

After everyone finished congratulating Stella and Kelly they made their way to the park that was nearby the venue. Stella told Kelly she wanted to go to the gazebo, but since she was pregnant Kelly decided to pick her up bridal style and carry her there. Once they got there Kelly sat down and Stella sat on top of him.

Kelly: I love you my dear wife.

Stella: I love you to hubby. 

They kiss.

Kelly: What are we going to do with the hour and a half we have ti'll the reception?

Stella: Well I actually have a surprise for you. You know how you wanted to get maternity photos done, but with our schedule we haven't been able to get them?

Kelly: Yeah, and I absolutely loved the photos you gave me in the album for the pre-wedding gift. I see you are wearing the necklace I gave you.

Stella: I knew you would love them, and this necklace means everything to me. Basically the photographer we hired I made sure she also had one other specialty other than wedding photos. She also specializes in maternity photos, so during this time we are going to take some maternity photos with the both of us.

Kelly: You didn't have to do that. I love you so much.

Stella: I love you too.

Kelly: That settles it I have the best damn wife in the world.

Stella: Aw, Kelly since when did you become so romantic.

Kelly: Since I met you, maybe I never had the right girl to be romantic with until I had you.

They kiss. Stella and Kelly head back over to the photographer and take the maternity photos. It is then time for the reception. They had 10 different tables, they each seated 4 people. People from firehouse 51, med, and intelligence were all invited to the wedding. There was also a separate table just for Kelly and Stella. They are all just eating and catching up with everyone when it is finally time for the first dance. Stella walks up to the microphone. 

Stella: Well first of all I want to thank all of you guys for being here tonight. Second of all, I know I already sang a song today, but I wanted to give Kelly one last surprise. I know you might be confused Kelly, but I decided to do the first dance and I pre-recorded me singing it for you. I decided on "A Thousand Years" because the song represents that I want to spend forever with you and that my love for you is eternal. 

The song starts to play. Kelly gets up out of his seat and walks over to Stella. He starts to dance with her and he has tears in his eyes.

Kelly: Thank you.

Stella: Your welcome. I love you.

Kelly: I love you too.

The night continues and is filled with happiness and laughter. Eventually Kelly and Stella decides that it's starting to get late and they head home. They change into some comfortable clothes and lay together in bed. Stella rests her head on Kelly's chest while Kelly has his hand on Stella's bump. 

Kelly: Can you believe it now the 3 of us will be the Severides.

Stella: I can't. I officially have everything I could ever want. I am married to the love of my life and the father of my baby girl. Life couldn't get any better right now.

Kelly: I know, I am so excited for it to be just the 3 of us.

They talk for a little longer and they eventually fall asleep, happy in each other's arms.

Author's Note- Just in case, I want to mention that covid does not happen in this story.