Rengoku x Male! Reader

Sorry for taking so long! I hope you like it!

Back to Oneshot

The Pillars had just finished a meeting and now they had the rest of the week off.

They had a trial for a girl (E/n). She was there for insubordination, and she'd taken a fancy to the Flame Pillar.

"Hey, Rengoku~ wanna go out?" She asked trying to flirt. Rengoku kept his bright smile on and kept walking to the Butterfly Estate.

"No thank you! I have something to do!" He tried to let her down gently.

"Please?" She tried to be cute. Though Rengoku reached the Butterfly Estate and saw him.

Kocho (Y/n) his boyfriend of 4 years, and they were happy together. They hardly if ever fought, and if so, it was most likely childish. No one knew they were dating, they kept it under wrap pretty well.

"(Y/n)!" Rengoku's booming voice called. (Y/n) looked back from where he was tending to someone, revealing his (h/c) hair with purple tips.

His eyes were heterochromatic, one being (e/c) and the other eye being like his twin sisters, Kocho Shinobu.

(Y/n)'s cold and bored-looking face turned into a small smile at the sight of his boyfriend.

Rengoku knew that (Y/n) was never one to show many emotions, and the first time he got (Y/n) to smile, he swore he fell in love all over again.

"Kyo~" (Y/n) smiled. Rengoku's heart always did flips when hearing the nickname (Y/n) came up with.

They both embraced each other as (E/n) watched jealous.

"Who even is this? He looks annoying and weak." She spat.

(Y/n) face turned icy cold again, "I don't know who you're talking about, but I am the Insect Pillar, alongside my sister, Kocho Shinobu." He looked at her in udder disgust.

She gaped like a fish, "I-I meant-

"Shut the hell up, you're lucky there are a lot of patients to take care of, and one of us had to stay behind. My sister was generous enough to go to your trial." (Y/n) towered over her, despite being only 5'0 "If it were me at that meeting, I would've lopped off your head by now." (Y/n) snarled.

He reached behind his back for his Kusarigama, sliding the sharp blade out.

"Fine! I'll go." She sashayed away.

Rengoku was smiling brightly through the whole thing, enjoying see his usually cold boyfriend be protective over him.

"We're you jealous~" Rengoku cooed.

"Not at all."

Timeskip

Rengoku was sadly partnered up with (E/n) for a mission in a town nearby. Rengoku had to wake up early, though got to see (Y/n) sleeping in golden sunlight in the morning, so he thinks it was worth it.

"Where are we going?" she whined. Rengoku was trying to be nice to her, though she was making it very difficult.

"We are on a mission to defeat a demon that's been targeting men in the town," Rengoku answered with as much patience as he could muster.

Though she kept whining on and on, nearly driving Rengoku insane. Though before she could whine anymore, they reached the town.

It looked like a barren wasteland, and no one was outside.

It had taken them all day to walk to a town one hour away, mainly because she kept complaining her feet hurt.

"Ho ho ho! Look what I have here!" A nasally voice called. They looked on a roof to see a demon holding someone's dismembered arm.