Muichiro x Reader

Thank you for requesting! Feel free to do so again! And listen to the song!

Back to Oneshot

(Y/n) and Muichiro were both sent on a mission on a mountain. (Y/n) wasn't a Pillar, she was only a Kakushi, though their relationship was a lot more than that. Both of them loved each other, though they had to do it in secret, since their love was forbidden in the Demon Slayer Corp.

I don't like walking around this old and empty house
So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear

"Watch me Mui! You got this, you'll defeat the demon, and then we get home we can eat dango!" (Y/n) smiled widely. Muichiro let a small smile of his own pass onto his lips, he adored everything about her. She had the most beautiful (e/c) eyes, and silky (h/l) (h/c) hair. She helps him remember things, and was patient with him ever since he woke up.

The stairs creak as I sleep
It's keeping me awake
It's the house telling you to close your eyes

"Alright... I'll probably forget." He smiled a small smile. (Y/n) gushed, since this was the biggest smile he's ever given her. It was better than a full on scowl he used to give her, so she'll take it! Granted he was still stoic, though less with (Y/n), and (Y/n) knew he did little gestures to show he loved her. And she totally understood, and wouldn't have it any other way.

And some days I can't even dress myself
It's killing me to see you this way

"That's what I'm here silly!" She smiled. Muichiro nodded, his head as they kept walking. (Y/n) kept talking on and on, though Muichiro enjoyed listening to her rambling. Though Muichiro eventually stared at the clouds, he was still listening to (Y/n). All of a sudden it went silent, making Muichiro snap out of his daze.

There's an old voice in my head
That's holding me back
Well, tell her that I miss our little talks

He looked around to see (Y/n) was gone, making him panic.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)!" He shouted, usually (Y/n) would stick close to him for missions. He then sensed something was terribly wrong, and he only ran faster. He then heard ugly cackling, and he sensed it was a demon, so he ran faster.

"Just give up, he isn't coming." The demon hissed. He was holding (Y/n) off an edge by her throat, her feet not touching the ground.

She was trying to grab at his hands, gasping for air, "No, I know he's coming." She wheezed.

Soon it will all be over, and buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love

"Put her down fuckface." Muichiro hissed, his blood boiling seeing (Y/n) being held like that. Muichiro instantly grabbed his katana, and rushed to kill the demon.

Though when he demon turned around he saw the, "Upper Moon 6." In his eyes. (This is a made up character)

This was the last thing on his mind, and he got ready to attack.

Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right
Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear

"Not another step or she dies." The demon threatened, diving this claws into her neck. (Y/n) screamed in pain, not used to the feeling, though this made Muichiro stop in his tracks right away.

Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

All of a sudden (Y/n) was dropped over the cliff, "Oops." The demon smirked tauntingly, before disappearing. (Y/n) scream tore through the silent night, and Muichiro was sure he'd never moved so fast. He'd managed to grip (Y/n)'s wrist, making her abruptly stop falling.

He had a horrid grip on the ledge, nearly about to fall with her. (Y/n) looked up, past Muichiro, to see the demon holding a blade, ready to plunge it into Muichiro... (Y/n) knew what she needed to do.

You're gone, gone, gone away
I watched you disappear
All that's left is a ghost of you

"I love you Muichiro! Never forget that!" She yelled. Muichiro looked at her questioningly, before it clicked...

Now we're torn, torn, torn apart
There's nothing we can do

"Just let me go, we'll meet again soon." (Y/n) smiled... before she yanked her hand away away from Muichiro.

Now wait, wait, wait for me, please hang around
I'll see you when I fall asleep

He watched her fall, like it was slow motion, her beautiful (h/c) hair was blowing in the rushing wind. Her once lovely (e/c) eyes shut in acceptance, and her plump lips mouthed, "It'll be okay..."

Hey
Don't listen to a word I say
Hey
The screams all sound the same
Hey

Muichiro couldn't remember what happened after that... he just needed up with a lot of blood on his uniform that night...

Timeskip 1 year

Muichiro stood above (Y/n) grave, the final battle was about to happen. Muichiro set something down before he gingerly places a kiss on the headstone he'd been taking care of for years.

Muichiro slowly walked away... the item he left on her grave... was a bit of dango.

Timeskip 1 day

Muichiro felt the life leaving his body...

Though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

Muichiro swore he saw her standing above him, giving him the smiled he'd fallen in love with.

"It's time to come home..." her voice echoed. And he shut his eyes in acceptance...

"Just wait for me..."