I Wish I Could Break Your Heart = Sawyer Hartman

( Point of View of Y/N )

Sure, he was one the nicest guys at first. And I didn’t expect him to be a complete asshole, I guess I though he would change. I met Sawyer, my first year of collage. He was a cool guy when I first met him, but things quickly changed. I sat in English class glaring at the back of his head, he was one of the cockiest asshole’s I’d ever met and he knew it drove me crazy.

[ 1 Year and a Half Ago ]

I was new to collage, I hated high school. I was one of those kids who partied and never studied, I barely passed but I hoped I could make up for it now. Most collage kids only went to party, but I thought I maybe I’d take a break from that scene. ( I was lying to myself ) I walked around the campus with my best friend Allison, ” So are you glad you came? ” she laughed pointing to all the good looking guys. ” Al ! I’m not attending this school for the guy’s, especially after that last relationship ” I sighed, ” Hey, I told you that Ryan was a Dick remember! ” she shouted. I smiled ” I know, I just didn’t want to believe it “, we walked and walked until a group of guy’s walked up to us. ” Hey ladies, I’m Nick and these are my boy’s ” he smiled, I instantly rolled my eyes as Allison smiled like a little girl on Christmas. ” Hi, I’m Y/N and this is my best friend Allison ” I sighed trying to walk past them, ” Cool, so do you girls want to come to a party tonight. It’s going to be awesome! ” he exclaimed. ” Sure ” Allison smiled, I nodded ( It wasn’t worth even trying to get out of it ). ” Great! ” he smiled as he told us the address, ” Don’t be late! ” he smirked at Allison. ( Urgh Flirty Eyes! ) ” Never ” she grinned, as soon as they were gone I started making gagging noises. ” Oh Shut Up Y/N ” she laughed, I smiled. After walking around the campus we decided to head back to our dorm room and get ready to PARTY!

Allison took age’s to pick out an outfit and it only took me 10 minutes, unlike Allison I wasn’t looking to hook up tonight. I sat on my bed waiting for Allison to finish getting ready, I was scrolling through Twitter. ” Okay, how do I look ” Allison asked as she stood infront of me. ” You look fine, can we go now? ” I questioned, she frowned ” I don’t want to look just fine Y/N , I wanna look hot! “. I rolled my eyes ” Just hurry up! “, Finally 20 minutes later she was ready to go. It was almost 9pm when we got to the party, it was walking distance from our dorm. There were people everywhere ( Like Always ), Allison winked at me. ” I’m going to go find that guy Nick, will you be Alright? ” she asked me, I nodded ” Yes Mom “. She smiled as she walked into the crowd, I grabbed a brightly colored plastic cup and walked outside. I sat down in the grass and pulled out my phone, a few minutes later a little dog came running over to where I was sitting. He sat down right next to me ( Now I’m a huge dog lover ), he was so friendly. So I scratched him on the head, ” Hey boy, what’s your name? ” I smiled. ” Hitch! Hitch? ” I heard someone call, I looked at the dog ” I think you’re in trouble “. A very attractive guy came running over to where I was, ” Hitch, you can’t just go bothering strangers ” he glanced at me ” Especially the pretty one’s “. I smiled and blushed slightly ” It’s alright, he wasn’t bothering me “, he smiled ” I’m Sawyer by the way “. ” Y/N ” I said as I scratched Hitch on the head again, Sawyer sat down next to me. ” So Y/N, why are you out here? and not it there ” he asked, I shrugged ” Too many wasted people just looking for a hook up “. He nodded ” I understand “, I smirked at him. We ended up talking for a few hours and exchanged numbers, by 1am I felt it was time to leave. After searching I finally found Allison, ” Y/N! Hi, How are you? ” she shouted obviously drunk. ” I’m good, Al are you ready to go? ” I asked her, she nodded. We slowly walked out of the house, since we had walked to the party I was trying to figure out how I was going to get this drunky back to our dorm. ” Hey, I can drive you guy’s back. If that’s alright ” Sawyer smiled, I nodded ” Thank You “. He help me get Allison in the backseat of his car and drove us back, ” Thank You again for doing this ” I smiled. He chuckled ” It’s okay “, a few minutes of silence passed. ” So are you doing anything tomorrow? ” he asked me, I shook my head ” Not that I know of “. He smirked ” Well, would you like to hangout? “, Hmm and what would we do? ” I smiled. ” Well we could grab lunch, walk around this nice little dog park I know of. Considering you Love dog’s like myself and then we could have dinner ” he grinned, I looked at him ” That sounds like an all day date “. He sighed ” So? “, I smiled ” All right, You’re on! But only because I Love Dog’s ” I exclaimed causing him to laugh. And that’s how this whole thing started.

Everything started out perfect, like every relationship. I thought it was going to be different, but after the first 4 month’s it went down hill fast. One day everything would be fine and then the next day he acted as if we weren’t even dating, when the day came when he ended it suddenly. He said it was because of his popularity, it broke my heart but I can’t lie. I saw it coming, I ended up crying for two whole day’s and plus I skipped all of my classes for the first week. I personally think what hurt the most was the meaning behind it, after I found enough courage to leave my dorm room. I saw him flirting with load’s of girls, and how he was attracting them just pissed me off more. He was using Hitch to get girl’s, it was disgusting and my heartbreak turned to anger. A few days later Allison and I were sitting in the courtyard studying for an upcoming test, when she spotted Sawyer. ” Urgh I hate him ” she exclaimed, I shook my head ” Well get over it! “. She looked at me ” How are you still taking this so well, I mean I know you cried for two days but you got over it fast “, I shrugged ” I know, but I wish I could break his heart “. She chuckled ” Well I wish I could break his Face! “, I smiled and rolled my eyes.

[ Back to the Present ]

I walked out of English class and started walking to my dorm room, I was stopped when Allison came running my way. ” He….. He….. ” She breathed, ” What Al? ” I asked. She finally caught her breath, ” He’s looking for you ” she sighed. I nodded ” Whatever, it’s been 3 month’s. I’m capable of talking to him ” I continued walking to the dorms, He was standing outside of the building. I took a deep breath in, ” Y/N, can we talk? ” he asked. I nodded ” Talk! “, ” Alright I know you’re probably still mad at me and I wish I could take everything back, because I miss you like crazy. Would you ever give me a second chance? ” he asked. I stood there in complete shock, not that he missed me or wanted me to give him another chance. But I couldn’t believe he would think I wouldn’t see through the fake apology, sure I’d Love to be able to break his heart. I wish I could make him Cry and I wish I could turn back time, The truth is I would never want to hurt him. But it’d be nice to know that I could, I looked at him. He had that same smug cocky look on his face, just like he did on the day he dumped me. I took a deep breath in, ” No ” I stated. I walked right past him and into the dorms with a smile on my face, It was time to let my heart heal.

Boy, I’d lead you on. Light the Fuse, Drop the Bomb. Just so I’d be the first to Leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is another song by Cassadee Pope, another one of my favorites! Hope you Enjoyed and Thank You so much for Reading <3