Adored by Him = Dan Howell

( Point of View of Y/N )

Have you ever fallen for someone you couldn’t have, because you know they didnt feel the same way.

Dan Howell was one of my best friends, we grew up doing everything together. We barely left each other’s side, that is until we were 17. I new he liked someone and as much as I’d like to say it was me, sadly it isn’t. After he had fallen for this girl we drifted apart, well I stopped talking to him because it was too painful. There will be one night that I’ll never forget tho, the night I met her.

He called me over and over one night, so I finally answered. ” Hello? ” I asked slowly, ” Y/N, Hi! How are you? ” Dan shouted sounding shocked. ” I’m good ” I sighed, ” Okay….. So I’m having a party, get dressed and get your butt over here! ” he chuckled. ” No! I don’t wanna go ” I yelled into the phone, ” Come on, Y/N have some fun for once! Plus I haven’t seen you in Forever ” Dan shouted. I felt bad for avoiding him, ” I have fun all the time! ” I shouted. He chuckled ” Yeah, Okay…. So are you coming to the party? “, I sighed ” Fine! What time should I be there? “. ” Anytime after 9pm ” I could hear the smirk in his voice, ” Yeah Yeah, I’ll see you later ” I sighed hanging up the phone. I collapsed on my bed ( Why oh Why, Do I have to feel This way ). Around 8pm I started getting ready, after changing my outfit a dozen times I finally decided on a white and black long sleeved heart print collar shift dress and some black ballet flats. I did my hair and makeup, even tho I knew there was no point. I left my flat around 8:30pm and walked to his place, it wasn’t very far I just walked very slow.

As I walked to his door I thought of so many different things I’d rather do right now, then go to this party. I could’ve gone to the shop, gotten lots of junk food and then watched Netflix for the rest of the night. I knocked on the door and was greeted by a warm hug, it made things harder. ” Hello Y/N ” he smiled, ” Hi ” I whispered. There were many people in his smallish flat, we walked over to the drinks. ” So how have you been lately? I haven’t seen you in a while ” he sighed, I smiled ” I’ve been okay “. He nodded handing me a plastic cup, we sat down on his sofa started talking. ” So do you have any new budding romance’s I should know about? ” he chuckled, I shook my head no. ” Do you even have a Crush on anyone at the moment? ” he questioned, I shook my head no again ( If he only new ). I had to play this off, ” And what about you Mr. Romeo! Do you fancy anyone ” I asked him. He shrugged and looked away, he started staring at a girl making it obvious. She was chatting with one of Dan’s friend, she was smiling ad laughing. Right then and there I knew she was the girl he had talked about in the past, she was the girl he adored. He quickly drank his cup of beer and looked back at me ” Oh would you look at that, I need another drink. How about you? he asked me, I shook my head ” I’m good “. He got up and walked toward the kitchen, I glanced around the room at all the people. Until my eye’s set back on the girl, that was in the place I wanted to be in. She smiled and waved at me, I smiled back. I could tell why Dan fancied her, she was gorgeous unlike myself.

She walked over and sat down on the sofa next to me, ” Hello, I’m Jessie ” she smiled. ” Hi, I’m ( Y/F/N and Y/L/N ) ” I smiled back, ” So how long have you known Dan? ” she asked. ” Oh, for too Long. We grew up together, our mum’s are best friends ” I sighed, she smiled ” Nice, so that mean’s he’s your best friend “. I nodded, there were a few moments of silent, ” Oh well I’m going to talk to my friend, she just got here ” she said pointing to a girl across the room. ” It was nice meeting you Y/N, I’m sure were going to become great friends. Plus I Love you dress ” she smiled as she got up, I smiled and nodded. Dan came back 10 minutes later, I could tell he had qutie a few drinks while he was gone. ” Where have you been? ” I asked him, he shrugged ” The Kitchen “. I shook my head ” Well that’s obvious “, he rested his head on my shoulder ” Y/N, why don’t we talk like we used too? ” he asked me. I sighed ” Dan, everyone grows up. We’ve both made new friends, and sometime’s things change “, he looked at me ” I know that, but you always know your going to be my best friend right? “. I nodded ” Yeah, I know “, he put his head back on my shoulder. The girl called Jessie looked at me concerned and I knew what that look means ( She feels the same way as he does ), I shook my head on the verge of tears. I knew I’d never be anything more than a best friend, in his eyes anyway. I sat there until 11:30pm, Dan had gotten up and was talking to another friend. This was my chance to sneak out and luckily there were enough people in his flat to where you couldn’t hear the door open and close, I walked out onto the pavement. There were tears already running down my face ( How could I hate her, she’s so nice and sweet. Dan deserved to be with someone like her, he deserved to be happy ).

My phone started to chime, I wiped my tear stained face ( Probably smudging my makeup ). It was a Text message, - Hey, Where did you go? : Dan -. I sighed looking up at the sky, it was about to rain. - I’m not feeling very well, so I’m on my way home. I’ll talk to you later -, - Okay, hope you feel better. Text me tomorrow : Dan -. I sighed shoving my phone in my purse just as the rain started to fall, I was alright with it ( Even tho I might be ill later on ). Even tho I coudn’t have Dan in my life the way I wanted, I was just happy to have him in my life as a best friend. No matter how painful it was to be around him, I needed him there forever.

I won’t Hate you, but oh it Stings. How does it feel to be adored by him..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this Song is by Dodie Clark and it’s beautiful and Amazing! So I hope you’ll enjoy these short little stories, Thank You for Reading <3