Chapter 12: Is It True?

-Nishinoya POV-

I held Y/N's hand and looked at him. I went into it. Even though I felt constant release of butterflies in my chest I still went forward. 

"I've been thinking-" I was cut off by the noise of a door swinging open. I immediately pulled my hand away in reaction. 

"Hey Suga!" I exclaimed. Y/N pulled a small smile together. The butterflies in my chest began to suppress as Suga approached me. 

"So what have you kids been up to?" He asked us both. I had nothing to say and only had short seconds to come up with something.

"We... uhh.. practiced outside?" Even though Y/N was a member of the volleyball club, he wasn't active a lot as he made spare time for the music club. Y/N sold it by providing a warm smile to Suga so he believed us. Suga then strolled to the living room and the others who flooded through the door followed him, Kageyama, Yamaguchi, Tsukkishima, Tanaka, Daichi, Hinata and Asahai. 

A few hours later after dinner, everyone decided on truth or dare, Y/N decided to head to bed early so it was me and the members of the club sitting around the coffee table asking each other to do dares or confess. It then got to my turn so I decided on truth as the easiest route. 

"Truth or dare Noya!" Tanaka slammed his hands on the table within excitement and everyone turned to face me and simply bet in their minds which one I would choose.

"Truth." Everyone smirked as soon as I said that.

"Well Noya..." Piped Daichi. "What's your thing for Y/N?"

"Wha-" I acted as if I was confused, but I was worried that Daichi had figured my motives for Y/N, and not just the fact he might try to expose me in this time and place. 

"I think you know what I mean Noya, otherwise why did you want to make time for him?" Daichi continued to press me with questions about Y/N and me. I started to flush red, which increased the number of glares I was receiving. Tsukkishima couldn't care less so he got up and left. Kageyama was arguing with Hinata, and it was Asahi, Daichi and Suga suspecting me. They sat around the table, glaring at me, biting their lips in suspense and reminded me of gossip girls.

"Look. we just want to know-" Ashai started before I cut him off in frustration.

"No Asahi I told you guys I'm not gay!" I began to feel my face burn up.

"Then what are your true feelings? You haven't spoke to Kiyoko in weeks and your attention is always on Y/N when he's around. Don't act like we haven't noticed." Suga asked.

"He's just a friend! God..." I bit my lip. I hurt myself by saying it, but I had to in order to keep it a secret. I know the team aren't the discriminating kind but I need time for myself to be comfortable with my own sexual preference.

-Y/N POV-

I had prepared myself for bed and I came downstairs to grab some water til I heard Noya shout. I peaked around the doorway and he was being confronted by Asahai, Daichi and Sugawara. 

"No Asahi I told you guys I'm not gay!" Shouted Noya. It looked as if this game of Truth or Dare was about to get ugly, so I remained eavesdropping behind the doorway.

"He is just a friend!!" It echoed in me for a bit, not the raise of Noya's voice and tone, but I was still worried if Noya's intention was to get me in my feelings, or maybe he didn't share my affection. I'm still wondering what he was going to tell me too. I went back upstairs and sat and cried in the corner of the hallway. I then saw Hinata walk up until his eyes targeted me. 

"Hey Y/N.." I looked up. His usual smile fell to a comforting expression and he sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 

"Hey Shoyo..." I sniffled. "Is it true what Noya said? Do you think it's true?"