Chapter 8: After school

-Y/N POV-

I had just finished song writing and recording in music club so I walked to the Karasuno Gymnasium, coach Ukai was giving the boys some lecture, and I was waiting for Hinata outside. As soon as the boys got up Kageyama called Nishinoya.

"Hey Noya, what were you and Y/N doing skipping class earlier today?" Nishinoya flushed bright red and everyone was staring at him expect Shoyo and Tanaka. They came to defend him that I had a breakdown and Nishinoya took me somewhere to talk it out. Nishinoya then started to breath, it was the intimidating look from the others when it was announced that he skipped class which had threw him off edge.

"I don't know if anyone else has noticed but ever since Noya returned it seems as if he's been trying to get close to Y/N." Stated Daichi. 

"Hmmm". Started Tsukishima. "What if Nishinoya secretly likes Y/N?" He had started to tease Noya. I could see a light shade of pink on Noya's face but also a bit of annoyance from the tone given of Tsuki. When he said that he secretly liked me, I felt warm on the left side of my chest in the position where my heart was. 

"Nishinoya, it's ok if you like boys, it's normal." Said Suga. In honesty I couldn't tell if Noya was gay or bi, I mean he's done "it" with a boy (me) and he has also kissed a boy (also me lol). 

"Suga I'm not gay!" Laughed Noya, still holding the same light pink highlight that blended into his cheeks. I knew different. Or maybe I didn't. Sexuality is more of a fluid thing, prehaps I was an experiment to him? I mean he likes Kiyoko so he could be bi but it'd rude to assume or out him. He looked pretty uncomfortable anyway so I might as well just ask him when we both get alone together. Anyway I can't stand here forever. 

"Hey.." I poked my head through the door of the gym. "I didn't know if club was over yet so I knocked." Everyone was looking at me.

"Ok guys I'll see you later!" Shoyo grabbed his duffle back and Karasuno jacket and threw it over his shoulder and started walking with me.

In the middle of our journey home Shoyo put both hands on my shoulders and jumped over my head, then stood in front of me.

"Hey Y/N... you've been awfully quite this walk home." He started.

"H-have I?" I stuttered.

"Kageyama said he saw you and Noya run to the gardening club, I mean, I actually never asked where you guys went. But what really happened with you and Noya? And I'm not moving til you tell me!"

I stood there speechless. "Ok but... You have to promise to tell NO ONE." 

"DID HE HURT YOU??" Shoyo's face then darkened with worry, he was my best friend after all and he wanted to always keep me safe.

"No Hinata, he didn't, but we did something we shouldn't." Hinata looked at me. His eyes filed with worry. He then agreed he wouldn't tell anyone, but was still filed with concern with what had happened.

I explained to him how we both skipped class so he could comfort me having an overdramatic mental breakdown over a stupid note. Honestly looking back at it, actions speak louder than words, so it wasn't the worst case scenario.

"It's not as bad as I make it out to be but I wanna stay out of trouble... you know, that's why I asked you to keep quiet." Shoyo shrugged it off but his face returned in concern when asking me to elaborate on the whole reason I stormed out. 

"But also. I heard you guys tease Noya about him liking me. I mean what if he does?" I said.

"Well, if you two talked about things, he might have feelings for you, and you have feelings for him." Shoyo started. I smiled at him.

 "There's a possibility Shoyo." He nodded his head in agreement.

"Hey Y/N... I have a favor".

-Nishinoya POV-

I was walking home with Tanaka, my best freind. Somehow he couldn't help but notice I was quite. 

"Hey Noya.." He started. "Are you really gay?"

"Tanaka, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm bisexual." I then stopped speaking and my face started burning up. Tanaka was the first person I confessed to because I'm still closeted.

Tanaka looked at me for a few seconds, then ruffled me hair and threw an arm around me.

"Look Noya, I don't care if you're gay, bi, pan, ace etc etc you will always be the same to me! But be honest: do you like Y/N?" 

I looked at him for a few seconds. "I don't really know". I started. I'm going to be honest, Y/N was pretty sweet, he even tasted sweet when we kissed. Thinking about it made the left side of my chest where my heart was felt warm. 

"It's ok if you do.. but seriously you've only known him for a week  dude." 

"I think I do..."

"What makes you think that? Did you and Y/N do something during period 4? Is that why you 2 skived?"

I took a deep breath. "I might get in trouble for this... but you got my back right?" Tanaka nodded in agreement and I explained how I found him crying at the fountain, and how he was struggling to make it through the social side of being a first year. I then told him how I then gave him a few hugs and then he ended up kissing me by accident, and how I continued to kiss him, and we then ran to the gardening club and we skipped class so we could get to know each other.

"You skipped because you wanted to cheer up Y/N and get to know him? Eh could have been worst..." I nodded at him.

"So when are you both... you know?" He made the bed squeaking noises with his mouth as I cringed.

"Tanaka I'm not thinking like that!!" I jumped to self defense.

"Anyways.. is he a top or a bottom?" Tanaka smirked. We both burst into laughter.

"Ayo.. I'll try and help you and Y/N get closer, and I have the perfect idea for it."