Who can you trust (2/2)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

The climbing challenge was explosive.

Gwen and Alexandra had problems keeping their clothes on.

Duncan managed to cease the troubles between him and Alex.

I'm enjoying the silence of the pier drawing the landscape in my diary. It's been some time since I had a chance to be alone. My solitude is broken when something fluffy nudges my elbow. Bunny found his way to me.

-Hey there, sweetie.- I pat his head with a smile.- Is your papa with you?

-Bunny, don't disappear like that.- DJ approaches us.

-It's fine, he's safe and sound.

-I can't keep him in one place. He's always going somewhere alone, and it's dangerous.

-Sounds like we have something in common.- I chuckle.

-I'm glad he chooses to come to you. I trust you can take care of him.

-I'm trying my best. Besides, he looks like he's doing good on his own. You shouldn't worry so much.

-It's hard not to worry about him, about me, about you.

-You don't have to worry about me, you know that.

-You always take care of everyone else, but who takes care of you?

-DJ, I realize things get messy around here, but I beg you don't get involved in this. It can backfire easier than you think.

-I want to get involved as long as it's your concern. You're like my little sister and I can't stand it when you get in trouble. My mom always says to look out for your family.- He demands.

-You're hardly ever so confident. I guess there is no point in changing your mind then. I'm honored you think of me so warmly. You're like Porter, but even taller.- I giggle.

-Porter?

-He's my best friend. I think of him as a brother, you reminded me of him today. He's always calm, but he never lacks the courage to stand up for his loved ones.- I smile warmly.

-Do you think I should be braver?

-I never said that. I like you the way you are. Although I have a feeling that I'm too harsh with you sometimes.

-Don't be silly. You're a sweetheart.

-Everyone says so, but I don't get it. I don't feel like I'm doing something special.

-And that's what makes a good person.

I look back at my drawing, thinking about how to respond.

-Oh, I'm sorry, did I interrupt you?- He panics.

-It's not that, really. I would choose a different place if I wanted to be alone. I think it's healthy to have some alone time.

-You're always so cheerful and energetic. I'm confused when you're disappearing. It's like it doesn't suit your personality.

-My personality tends to confuse me. I enjoy being alone a lot, but I'm very outgoing. Sometimes I'm loud, sometimes I'm quiet. I try to read the energy in every situation and become me that is the most suitable for a given moment. I always try to adjust, but when it's too much or when I need to remind myself who I'm deep inside, I take a moment for myself.

-That's why you somehow clicked with everyone even though we're so different.- He ponders.

-I respect every person and try to be considerate according to their needs. There are still people I didn't manage to reach, like Courtney. I try to understand and find the real reason behind her attitude, but something is missing all the time. I have to find a way.