Week 22

Presidents Day/Monday:

I honestly don't know if I ever said no school Monday but obviously I didn't have school today. It's Presidents' Day. (THANK GOODNESS!!!)

So today was genuinely a great day. I slept in, watched tons of youtube, ate spaghetti, it was Christopher Eccleston's birthday, I watched Downton Abbey (ironic story there), I didn't have to go to the dentist, it snowed (A LOT! For here...), I didn't have school, I went to Chevys, I took a picture with my polaroid, I got some cool snow pictures (I think one will be the pic this week), I got 59 likes in 4 hours on Instagram and a follower (bringing the total of followers to 27! I'll explain.) and I think I'm forgetting something but I've got some stories about today! Yaaaay!

So while I was watching Downton Abbey there was this woman that was really familiar. Like, her voice, her face, everything. I knew that I knew her from somewhere and I thought "Harriet Jones, Prime Minister"...? Hmm I have no idea. "Mom what's that actress's name?"

"I don't know"

"What's the characters name?"

"Umm...Mrs. Crawly maybe? I'm not sure..."

Google: who plays Mrs. Crawly on Downton Abbey

I don't remember her name but I looked through her wiki like a stalker and at 2005, Doctor Who and I just yes. This is her. Okay so that just ironic because it's the Ninth Doctor's birthday! Hahaha sorry I love irony.

Next story: basically I wrote a 27 chapter book and decided it was done on Sept. 27 of 2014. Just more irony.

Final story (this one isn't as happy...):

You know how someone can say something and bring back a really vivid memory? Well, that happened. I had sort of tuned it out...it wasn't something I was ever told about.

Basically, when I was in 4th grade, something really weird happened. I had never gotten any details, being a 9 year old. So, it was a random Wednesday and someone came into the room and said that the nurse wanted me in the office.

Now, that was weird, but I wasn't really afraid of the nurse. I mean, my brother was always really social so he talked to the nurse at our school a lot and my brother was a Yankees fan while the nurse was a red socks fan. And besides that, I had been to the clinic about 4,000 times in elementary school because of my migraines. So after going a ton and getting sick, I just sort of got used to the clinic and our nurse.

But when I got there, he said that he didn't call me to the office. So then the principal came out... I was a terrified 9 year old girl wishing she had a migraine right then...migraines would have been easier. So the principal brings me into this room with 3 people. I know one was a social security worker, one was a cop, and I don't remember what the other one was. But it doesn't really matter. I didn't know that at the time. And if I had known, I wouldn't have known what a social security worker is. I was 9. So then the principal left...

A shy, terrified girl, in a room of strangers...great idea...so they asked me some questions I didn't understand. One was "do you have a bed to sleep in at night?" And I, of course, said yes. Because I did. I do. I didn't really remember that but what I vividly remember is they had paper and they wanted me to tell them who was in my family. My mom, dad, brother, and dog. So they drew them and then they asked if they should draw smiles on their faces. "Yes. Why shouldn't they? My family is happy. We get mad at each other but we always love each other." I was thinking. I didn't understand.

The next day my mom got a call from the social security worker because I, apparently, forgot to give my parents some business cards so obviously they didn't hear from my parents...haha sorry...so I gave my mom the cards but tonight she made a point. Why would they give a 9 year old business cards and tell her to give them to her parents without telling her what they're for? I was always disorganized and I just didn't remember.