Chapter 23: We arent perfect.

Monday 5:23 pm

It's true. We aren't perfect. You've left me crying every night. But right now I couldn't cry. I was going to your sisters play. Which meant I'd have to face you. Which means I'd probably fucking punch you.

"Alex I have to go." I slipped o my socks and shoes. I grabbed my keys. He nodded and smiled.

I was in the car. Driving to our high school. We had a big stage so it helped. The middle school she went to I'm guessing just wasn't big enough.

I turned into the parking lot. I saw kids and teenagers with their parents. All of them having a great time while I was standing here. Surrounded by so many people but only two people could truly make me feel appreciated. Like I wasn't alone. Those two people made me feel like the world truly did revolve around me.

I walked into school and walked to the auditorium. I looked for Clay and his mother.

I found them and I guess they had saved a seat for me or something because the whole row was full. But there was that one empty seat. By Clay.

I walked to the seat and I sat down. He didn't make eye contact. He didnt even turn to look at me.

After 5 minutes of sitting alone, basically alone.  I texted Alex.

You
Fuck this shit.
5:34 pm

Alex
Huh
5:34 pm

You
I hate my shoes.
5:35 pm

Alex
George what the hell
I'll buy you new shoes.
5:35 pm

You
Please 😩
5:36 pm

Alex
Sure yeah if you pay me 15 bucks.
I'll pay for the rest
5:36 pm

You
Hell yeah dude get me these:
It was all a joke you fucker.
5:37 pm

Alex
Woah ok I see come home soon
i want cuddles
5:38 pm

You
No ew what the hell
5:38 pm

Alex
Ur missing out
5:39 pm

You
Literally shut up 😀
5:40 pm read

I turned off my phone and started to tap my foot on the floor. That when I saw his hand. His hand moved to my leg. He was hesitant about it.

"I'll talk about it soon. I promise. Just wait."

I nodded. His hand moved back to his lap. The play started.

The man liked the girl. The girl was hesitant because she had been broken before. But the boy stayed no matter what. No matter how bad it got. No matter how much it hurt him. He'd wait for her. And when she was ready she let him up and kissed him.

It was all out together extraordinary well. The words, the actors, and even the scenes were made well. Better than an average middle school play.

— 6:11 pm

I walked out of the school while talking to his sister. She was talking about how she actually hated the guy that played the boy in the play. Then she said something about how wearing a dress was extremely rude because she shouldn't have to wear a dress just to show how she was a woman. How she should be able to wear whatever she wants and still be considered pretty and feminine. How she gets told she's bi or gay because she doesn't dress extremely feminine.

It was all true. People judge you by your appearance all the time. I feel bad for girls and women.

Once she was done talking about everything that had happened today at school she said goodbye and got into her moms car. Clay had stayed back to talk to me.

"Hey." He quietly said. He wasn't making eye contact which meant he's either embarrassed or nervous.

"Why?" I put my hand on the back of my neck.

"It's dumb." He was talking in a low voice. Like he was scared of something happening if he talked even more.

"Just tell me." I reached out for his hand. That when he finally looked up. He didn't take my hand.

"It's Layla." He sighed.

"What?" I stepped back.

"She told me to stop talking to you. And if I didn't, she would tell her friends to beat you up." His voice started to crack. I stood there in silence until he spoke up again.

"I didn't want you getting hurt." Tears rolling down his cheeks slowly. I brought my hand up to his face. My thumb now making circles on his cheeks. He smiled at me.

"Don't leave me George. I really do want you. I'm sorry." He brought me into a hug. I quickly put my arms around him.

"Never." I whispered. He heard me. I knew he heard me. His tears fell down his eyes even faster now. I stood there hugging him as long as he needed.

"I love you George."

"I love you too Clay." Even after that he didn't let go. I wasn't complaining though. I loved this.

—this was short as hell lmao 😂 anyways school is ending in this story soon Bc I have plans for the summer in this story. But I mean that'll be in like three more chapters at least. Anyways today sucked 😩 love you all! Please stay safe the number has gone up to 99% I'm begging you to please stay safe. And if it happens please tell someone.