Chapter 15: Math problem.

Thursday after school.

"Clay how do you not know how to do this?" My pencil was pointing to a math problem that truly to me didn't seem that difficult. May I had been a little too tough on him. What can I say I'm pretty good at math.

"I don't like math George! Just tell me the answer please" he stretched out the letter 'e' while he whined about not knowing how to do it.

"I understand every other lesson and problem just not this one!" He invited me over because he didn't know ONE simple problem. Literally just one. But somehow we had been stuck here for atleast half an hour. Only because he couldn't pay attention and kept zoning out. He'd see a car and he'd start thinking about the car.

Anyways I'm a pretty patient person and it's not like he can control it.

"Look, I'll do this one for you ok?"

"Oh alright!" His desk was set in front of his window and honestly it was really pretty outside. The nice kinda of hot but not too hot breeze coming. The cars sometimes driving to their houses or going to someone's house. Maybe a person walking by with their dog.

(We're going to pretend George isn't colorblind for like one minute so you can picture the sky nicely.)

The sky was a mix of different colors. Blue fading into a purple and a orange. There were no clouds and it looked amazing.

The sight was beautiful. I'd remember this moment. The butterflies in my stomach knowing my shoulder is touching Clay's shoulder and I could smell his amazing cologne. Oh my god it was perfect.

(Back to being colorblind 😩)

"George! We should go out!" I looked up at him, I wasn't done with the problem yet. Our faces weren't too close but weren't far away.

"Where would we go?" I looked back down to the paper so I could finish it so we didn't leave the problem unsolved. I don't like leaving things unresolved. Not just in math problems but in every situation.

"The store! I want to sit and eat ice cream and we can like, watch a movie or something." He looked around trying to find his keys.

"Clay what would we watch?" I was finishing up the problem and then I heard him fall. Who falls out of their chair while looking for keys?

"Oh my god Clay are you ok?" I was trying to hold in a laugh but I just couldn't honestly. He was just laying on the floor. He started laughing and then it ended up being a wheeze.

He didn't answer me very quickly because he was too busy laughing at some dumb shit but anyways.

"Yes, I am fine. I need to find my keys." He looked around. He does this thing where he spins around and around searching for something but sometimes it's just random.

"I finished the problem. Also they're on your bed." I set down the pencil and got up from the seat that I had been sitting in. I grabbed my shoes and slipped them on.

"Oh. Ok well I was just kidding I knew those were there the whole time!"

"Sure you did Clay. Whatever helps you sleep at night." I patted his back. I left his room and I ran into his little sister.

"Hello George. I am Lani. My brother talks about you while he's on the phone, with Sapnap I believe! The walls are thin. Please be sure to never come by and talk about anything nasty because I might hear. I like your shoes! Ok great! Nice meeting you!" She walked away. I was stunned by the interaction. I mean wow. All I could do was blink. My mind had to process all of that.

My brother talks about you while he's on the phone, with Sapnap I believe.

Oh so now he talks about me with Sapnap? Good to know I might have a chance.