Chapter 20: I wish we could be

Monday 7:23 am

My mom had dropped me off at my dads house yesterday so I could get ready at my dads. I woke up to Alex almost kicking me in the face. On thing I didn't miss while at my mothers house is having to share a bed.

"Alex wake up we need to get ready." I threw his phone at him and he woke up.

I grabbed Clays hoodie that he let me keep and then I put on some black jeans then I put on my shoes. Alex dressed in a button up shit and some dark blue shorts. We went downstairs together and we put two waffles in the toaster. One for me one for him.

We sat on the table eating the waffles while we talked about the situation with Layla.

My dad came out of his room and didn't even acknowledge the fact that we were here. Didn't even bother to say hello.

I got up and left and then Alex did too. That was when my dad said goodbye.

— Monday 12:23

We were all sitting down at our normal lunch table.

"Imagine being as ugly as George." Alex was yelling at me because I said I didn't want to buy us gummy worms after school.

"I'm not going to get you gummy worms after school! Get over it!" I stood up and now we were basically spitting in each other's faces.

Nick, Clay, and Karl were just staring at us. Two guys came up to them and started talking to them.

"George pleaseee I want to dip them in vodka I just want to see what it taste like!"

"No! Dip them in sprite!"

"Fine! Can we get monsters too?" I nodded and then we sat down.

"Oh hey Bad! Hi Zak!" I waved at them. Bad smiled at time and so did Zak.

"We should all have a sleepover don't you guys think?" Clay asked all of us.

"Where?" Nick looked around as if looking at us would help him figure out which house is better.

"My house would be great actually!" Clay was sitting down next to me and I put my hand on his leg. He took my hand and put it in his. I hoped no one other than our friend group could see.

"Ok well after school today or like when?" Nick looked up from his phone. Bad and Zak sat down at our table and they were telling each other dumb jokes. Karl was sitting next to Nick while play with nick's bracelet. Alex was showing me some pictures.

"I don't know. My dad isn't home on Thursday." I said.

"So are we all free on Thursday then?" Nick asked looking at everyone at our table.

There were multiple yeahs.

Clay started to make small circles With his thumb on my hand.

I truly did want to be able to be free and tell everyone. I wanted everyone to know about our relationship and how it's great. But, I truly don't feel like either one of us isn't going to be hurt. Sure, Clay might be able to fight people but I truly don't feel like taking the risk.

— Monday 5:59 pm

Clay was upstairs in my room. We were laying on the bed. He was in my arms because he wanted to be the small spoon for today.

"George?"

"Yes?"

"Have you showered?" He turned around to look at me.

"Um... I showered on Sunday. Shit I probably forgot to put on deodorant." He laughed and I stood up.

"I'm going to take a quick shower so I don't smell nasty." I took out some clothes and grabbed a towel. He smiled and waved goodbye as I walked into the bathroom.

I took like a 10 minute shower because it was just that I smelled bad. My hair was clean.

I heard a knock on the door.

"I need to pee George!" Oh I never showed him the bathroom downstairs.

"Fine hurry up. It's unlocked." He came in and used the bathroom.

"Bye love."

"Bye smelly" I could here his little laugh even thought the shower was hella loud.

Once I came out of the shower and I put on my clothes. I came out and he was on his phone.

"Hey." I laid down next to him. I grabbed his hand and put it in mine. We were both facing the ceiling but still having one hand in the other boys hand.

"I wish we were a straight couple." He sighed.

"Why?" I squeezed his hand.

"So then we could show everyone how great we are together." He paused. "I wish we could be high school sweethearts and show everyone that we are." He turned to look at me.

"Me too Clay. Me too." I turned to make full on eye contact. I hate eye contact because I feel like they'd be able to see all my flaws on my face. But with Clay it's different.

"You're so pretty." He whispered. Our faces close to the point I could feel him breathe.

I pulled him into a kiss. He smiled into the kiss.

"Let's go out. I'm hungry." He pulled away. I rolled my eyes at him playfully.

"Where to?" I placed my free hand in his hair.

"I dunno. Taco Bell?"

"Hell no that shit doesn't sit right with me." He smiled. He got up and put on his shoes.

"We're to Sonic. Vámonos"

I smiled and got up. I grabbed my socks and shoes. Once we got done putting on our shoes.

We got into the car and I handed Clay the aux. Once he started playing music my hand found it's way to his leg.

"I'm really in love with you."

"Damn Clay it's been two days." I giggled.

"I know but, I do."

"I love you too Clay." I gave his leg a squeeze and I grinned.

"Can I please get the cheeseburger?"

"I'd like the Quarter Pound Double Cheeseburger please and thank you." I handed the lady some money and she left.

"You're really hungry huh?"

"Extremely." I winked at him. He blushed. I loved it when he couldn't find words. I loved it when my sudden confidence would make him stutter.

Once we got out food we started eating. Some of the tomato fell out and then Clay started laughing his ass off. It wasn't even truly that funny!

"Clay you're going to choke if you don't stop laughing and eating." I pushed him and now he was laughing even harder.

He finally calmed down and he was able to eat in peace and so was I.

Today was perfect. He's so perfect.

—anyways so um a guy asked me if I wanted to play Minecraft with him 😩 ngl he's kinda coooolloookosooejehejw what are we thinking about this chapter? Also I just got a new book and it's kinda fire ngl. I made some new "friends" which was also cool.

Thoughts? Much love to all of you <3