𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐔𝐏

After his talk with Mina, Denki had left her dorm and began walking to Jirou's. It wasn't a long walk but wasn't a short one either, giving him a little bit of time to plan what exactly he was going to tell her.

Even before they started dating, they were relatively close friends and would talk to each other alot anyway. He just didn't want to ruin what they previously had by doing something in a stupid way.

~~

Knocking on her door, his palms were already sweaty. The door opened with a rattle and Jirou opened it with a small smile towards him.

"So, what did you need to talk about?" She asked, tucking a piece of her dark purple hair behind her ear and gesturing him to come inside. "Well, about that--" He began, walking inside, fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm going to sound like a dick right now. So, I'm really sorry in advance." He said, hiding his face in his hands. "I don't think I'm catching on?" She awkwardly chuckled, trying to hide the obvious tension they were surrounded by. "I- Uhh, well there's not going to be a right way to even say this so-" He paused, closing his eyes before speaking again.

"I don't really think this is working out. I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" He said before being cut off, "No, no. You don't need to apologise dude," she explained, leaning on her desk. "I was sort of feeling a similar way.." She said, rubbing the nape of her neck.

"Thank god," he said in a sigh of relief before taking into context what he just said, "No, no. I don't mean it like that. I'm just glad this isn't as awkward as I thought it would end up being." He said waving his hands around infront of him. "Don't worry about it," she amusingly chuckled, taking a bite of some snacks she kept in her room.

It was almost as if the tension he had felt before was a weight on his shoulders that had just been released.

"I better get going now, I've got to do something," Denki chirped up, eyeing the door. "Go ahead," she mumbled in-between bites of her food. "Bye! Thanks again!" He said as he exited her dorm room with a relieved sigh.

"That wasn't as bad as I expected it to be," he exhaled with one hand to his chest. A small, yet nervous, smile crept onto his lips as he headed to the common room quickly.

~~

When he arrived there, there wasn't too many people. Momo and Iida were conversing at one of the tables while Todoroki was studying at a separate one by himself. Denki pushed himself through the doors, a little out of breath.

"Kaminari? Are you okay?" Momo asked, turning to face him seen as the noise caught their attention. "Yeah! Totally fine! Have you guys seen (Y/n) anywhere?"

"She told me that she was going home early." Todoroki spoke monotonously, not looking up from what he was currently focusing on. Denki's body stiffened for a split second before thanking the boy and running out of the room and the building altogether.

Not even giving Iida a second chance to scold him, he tried his best to retrace his steps of where exactly your house was since last time.

He began wondering down a particular street, stopping every few minutes to see if he recognised any of the houses. He probably did this for up to ten minutes before looking up one more time. It looked more familiar than before and the surroundings were more noticeable in his head.

His head perked up and his speed increased at the sight of your house in which he pictured in his mind continuously.

Only a few seconds or so later, he was at your doorstep, knocking continuously at your front door.