Chapter one: New york

DISCLAIMER!! I do not own any of these characters or Story/Chapter photos. These characters are the creation of Thomas Astruc!! This is just fanfic with pictures I found on Pinterest!! Also, this is my story and imagination and making this more "modern" Mature content. Anyways, Happy reading!
"Why does the sun have to set, Tikki?"

"Maybe because people like to sleep at night."

"I should have told him to stay; I should have run after him sooner. I- I can't forgive myself. Alya was right... He wanted me to tell him to stay, but I didn't say anything."

"Marinette, you will be back at school tomorrow. You can talk to Adrien then, and I'm sure he'll be happy to see you."

Marinette tried to smile, but she felt so guilty. For the rest of the trip, she regretted not saying anything to Adrien. Maybe he would have stayed if she had said something. Full of guilt and sorrow, Marinette sat on the roof of her apartment watching the sunset and thinking of when she and Adrien watched it together on the plane. Her eyes began to tear up, and she laid her head on her knees, trying to hold back tears.

Only a few rooftops away, Adrien sat alone, full of joy.

"Ladybug is coming back to Paris today, Plagg."

"It's only been a few days since you've seen her. Big deal."

Adrien brushed off Plagg's comment. Though it has only been a few days since he left New York, he missed Ladybug more than anything.
"What if she's still upset about what happened in New York? The repairs aren't even done yet here."

"You should wonder if I'm still upset with you, Chat Noir!"

"Why are you mad at me?"

"Do you not remember when you renounced me in a sewer, Adrien!?"

"You're not mad at me. If you were, it would be a shame because I don't buy cheese for people who dislike me."

"Okay. Okay. Perhaps I'm not mad. You can still buy me cheese, though."

Adrien laughed and looked up at the sky. He always thought about his mother when he looked up. He liked to think she was watching him, and she would be proud of him for being Chat Noir and protecting Paris.
In the distance, there was a faint sobbing. Adrien looked in the direction of the noise, and he saw Marinette sitting on her rooftop.

"Well, that is a person who looks upset," Plagg commented.

"I wonder why." Adrien thought to himself.
For a split second, he thought about hugging Marinette on the plane.

"Plagg claws out."

Tikki felt the presence of a Kwami close by. She looked around and saw Chat Noir jumping from roof to roof toward her.

"Marinette?"

She looked up and saw Chat kneeling in front of her. While all of her emotions were going crazy over Adrien, she remembered the pain she felt when she thought Chat was leaving her in the U.S.

"Are you okay, Marinette?"

Marinette leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Chat Noir, and sobbed.