Classmates

As more minutes passed by I saw a gate that seemed like an entrance to a school. I assumed it was for 'Kamome Academy' so I rushed in through the front gate, some other kids were also running towards the gate while others were casually walking with umbrellas in hand. 

I can't be late.. I can't be late! It's my first day of school- I quickened my pace as I managed to step inside the school but unfortunately because apparently the god(s) above hate me a lot I fell because of my wet shoes. My shoes made a huge squeak as I tried to catch my balance but couldn't seem to do so. I fell backward as my arms were flapping around, "CRAP-" I then fell down.

"Gah... damn that hurt-" I moaned from the pain for a few seconds as I put a hand to my butt as I rubbed it trying to ease the pain.

I prayed that no one saw that but all my hopes were demolished as I heard a voice come from behind me. "You okay down there?" said a faint voice from afar.

I sighed heavily as I cringed at myself. I then picked myself up. I grabbed my bag as I slowly got on my feet and turned around. I saw a girl with orangey-golden locks that had some pink-dyed strips on both sides of her hair. Her eyes were a very beautiful shade of hazel.

My face grew red from embarrassment, "Huh-? Eh, well, uh, I'm not 100% alright but uh- I think I'll survive," I laughed awkwardly rubbing the back of my head, then it suddenly hit me, "Ah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make such a ruckus" I bowed before I said anything else. I did just make a fool outta myself for squealing like an idiot. To me far though... my ass hurts from that darn fall.

She chuckled softly, "Mmm I see," She gave a half-concerned smile, "but no worries, It's quite alright. That seemed like a rough fall after all. I should be the one apologizing, I saw you trip and I didn't even try to help you up. So sorry.. Hmm" she paused as she stared at me for a bit.

"Err, Y/n L/n" I gave her an awkward smile.

"Mmm, so sorry L/n-chan," she said.

"No no, it's okay. It's my fault anyways, I'm such a clutz. You have no need to apologize for something like that," I waved my hands around as I nervously chuckled.

She nodded a bit as she smiled softly and bowed, "My name is Minako Momo 2nd year (8th grade) in the middle school division," she said with a glimmer visible in her eyes. I smiled back as I adjusted my bag. 

"Great to meet you Momo-chan," I then pulled out my phone and looked at the time it was 8:03. I then slightly panicked again, It wasn't like I was late or anything but I wasn't even sure where my homeroom even was. So it would be a pain in the ass to roam around school like a complete foul. Wait shoot, did I even carry my schedule with me?! Geez I better have. She looked at my phone for a dash second before she caught on.

"Don't worry, the bell rings at 8:20! So we still have some time. Do you need any help finding your way around? You seem rather new," she speculated.

"Oh- yeah I actually do- uh do you know where room 1802 is? It's uh a science classroom I believe, and yes I'm actually new to, uh, this school-" I said a bit hesitant about my first answer.

"Ah? OH!" she then nodded, "Yes, yes, I know exactly where that is, that's probably your homeroom, correct? Cause if so I'm in the same homeroom as you, awesome~" She grinned happily.

I nodded, "Yeah it is! And that's cool, glad we bumped into each other then... even if it wasn't the ideal way to meet someone heh.." I chuckled. 

She chuckled as well as she motioned her hand over, "Here I'll show you around the school quickly and then we'll go to our first period, sound good?" She smiled at me.