Chapter 16

Clays POV

George and I were driving home from school, Sapnap was at an in school detention with Luke and his friends for what had happened, so it was just us. We have music blaring and George is Belting lyrics right next to me, when a song he really liked came on he would turn up the music and start to dance around in his seat. It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

While George was lost in his own world of music I couldn't stop thinking about him, he made me so happy and I feel so alive when I'm around him. It's crazy to me that I'm the reason he's woken up this morning, if I wasn't there that night, I wouldn't be living my dream life, with my dream boy. There is no one in the world who understands George like I do, there is no one in this world who loves him like me.

George is the thing giving me a little pep in my step now, I've been told by many people that I now smile more easily and laugh a little harder... and I know why now, the boy that sat next to me was the reason I could get out of bed with a smile everyday, god damn it, this boy was the reason for everything good in the world.

No one had ever gotten to know the small fragile boy like I have, no one has ever gotten to know this boy at all because of one small thing. And that was the toxic roof he lived under.

We pull into the parking lot and walk into the door, as we head up the three flights of stairs there is a soothing sound of George's giggles filling the air as we hold hands. My thumb lightly sweeps over the back of his hand and out arms swing back and forth with each step.

As we step through my front door we go straightforward out room plopping onto my bed. George cuddles up beside me and as we lay I hum a small quiet tune to him, I know I keep saying this but I don't know how to stop, he makes me so happy!

I blink my eyes, But when they open back up I'm surrounded by white. There's big bright light in my eyes and I quickly sit up making me dizzy.

"Clay! Your awake!"

What?

————

Word count: 433

Authors note: I BROKE MY PROMISE THIS IS THE SHORTEST CHAPTER
but there is very good reasoning for it being short;)