Chapter 11

Tw: hospital, mention on suicide and abuse.

Clays POV

It's been three hours, painfully waiting. My leg bounces and taps as I see the doctors come out calling other people in. I stopped crying about an hour ago and felt extremely drained. The lady beside me didn't seem to be as pain filled and urgent as me.

I lean over my legs putting my head in my hands, what did I do wrong? Is this my fault? I feel a gentle hand being pressed against my back, but I don't flinch or even move. the hand on my back moves up and down in a soothing manner and I hear an older woman reassuring me everything was going to be alright. How would she know, she couldn't, she doesn't know me George or anything about us, so why the hell was she telling me shit and giving me false hope.

I sit up and the lady's hand stays on my back, I feel tears building up in my eyes 'don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. Cmon Clay keep it together.' My thoughts are demanding in my ears but I give in. Tears spill from my eyes as I look at the short elderly lady and she pulls me into a sweet hug.

"Your alright darling keep it together." Spoke the lady

I continue to cry into the small woman's shoulder until I hear a distant holler.

"Clay Adam's?"

My head darts up in the air and I stand quickly, I look to the side to thank the woman but no one is there, in fact there was no one in the lobby just me and the doctor in front of me. I turn back to the doctor with a confused look on my face but I quickly shake it away.

"George, can I see him? How is he? Is he ok?"

"Yes you can see him, follow me."

I follow the doctor with glee and happiness in my steps. He brings me to room 111 and I see George propped up in his bed and a smile on his face. He looked happy and well, I run over to hug him but just as we make contact he's gone. He just disappeared out of no where.

I'm jolted awake by my name being called, I look around to see a full dark room, no one on the side of me where the lady was but people everywhere else.

"Last call, Clay Adam's?"

"Uh, yes that me." I announce standing up from my low uncomfortable seat. I feel dizzy and my legs are numb.

"You can come see George at this time."

I look around once more a bit confused. Wasn't I just with George, was that all just a dream?
My feet guid me to the man in a long white coat. I rub the back of my neck and walk through the big heavy doors with the doctor.

"How is he?" I questioned not fully knowing what was happening, my voice is shaky from crying and my hands trembling.

"He is in rough shape, but he's just woken up."

As we keep walking I see we pass room 112 meaning it really was just a dream. We stop at room 120 and the man opens the door for me to enter.

I peer into the door to see George sat half up staring at the wall in front of him. I could see no expression on his face and he doesn't even turn his head to see me.

"George-" I say my voice quiet and shaky.

He still doesn't look, he continues to look straight. He looked terrible there where big black bags under his eyes and I could see a new bruise on his face. I walk quickly over to the bed squatting down beside him and grabbing his hand, still nothing.

"George, how are you feeling."

He looks to me confused like he didn't know I was there, but he locks eye contact with me breaking a slight weak smile.

"Like shit." He scoffs looking down at the hand I hold.

I let out a slight giggle and bring him into a hug. Tears start to uncontrollably stream down my face.

"I thought I was gonna lose you George, why didn't you wait for me? I would have came and everything would have been alright."

"Things wouldn't have been alright Clay, I'm now homeless and have to pay hospital bill with money I don't have." He spoke as his face turns to a mean but sad expression.

"George, your staying with me, I can sleep on the couch you can have the bed everything will be alright. I can pay the bills, Georgie my family has the money for it. You really don't understand, you have so much to live for, but I wouldn't have anything if I didn't have you so you have to stay." I say my voice breaking at the end

"I don't get it? Why do you care for me? Are you going to leave like Fundy, or Alex? Clay I've never had someone care that doesn't leave, I really don't understand why you like me."

"Georgie, I'm not leaving. I might not have know you for long but it's been long enough to know that your the person who makes me happy, your the person I go whenever I have the smallest amount of extra time."

Tears spill from his face and he brings me into a tight hug.

"Just, promise you won't go please."

"I promise."

We sit in silence for a few more seconds, he breaks the hug patting beside him making extra room for me. I stand up hopping into the empty space his head rest lightly on my shoulder and I wrap my arm around his waist.  We sit comfortably for a few minutes George slowly falling asleep, I brush the stray hairs out of his face and put him under the blankets.

All of a sudden the door swings open with Sapnap running through.

"Geor- oh shoot did I like interrupt something?"

George lifts his head sitting up and I let go of his waist. He lets out a small giggle and his cheeks flush a light pink color, I've always thought it was adorable how awkward he gets in these situations.

"Uh your fine, here there's a chair at the end of the bed." I say hoping out of George's warmth and sitting in the chair beside him.

Sapnap goes to the chair I pointed out with a little smile on his face. "Are you guys like~ you know."

"Sapnap shut it." I say with an annoyed tone.

He lets out a small giggle and then starts to talk to George. "How are you?"

"Sore, I can't feel my arms they numbed me up. How'd you know I was here anyways?" George asks knowing I wouldn't tell someone something without him saying it's ok.

"Oh, me and Dream where the top contacts in your phone and I wasn't sure if Dre-Clay was even here or not."

Sapnap eventually after a little leaves the room giving me and George some time together.

"Wanna talk about what happened? Both nights."

George sighs a bit but he knows he's going to have to explain at some point.

"The first time the same stuff was happening at home and one of my old friends Fundy had outed me to my dad right before he ghosted me.  At the time I didn't even know if I was gay, I actually had never said anything to Fundy about it he just told my dad thinking it was funny or something.  My dad didn't take it lightly and beat me up more then he ever had.  He either forgot about to because of how drunk he was or he chose to ignore it because he didn't like what he heard. I had nothing to live for and nothing to care about so I made my decision."

"Oh George." I brought him into a another hug this time pulling away grabbing his chin.

"I'll except you no matter what Gogy,  I'll let you in on a little secrete, I'm gay too." I say smirking at him.  It felt weird to say out loud, I've only said it in my head really.

George's lips go upwards leaning towards a smile bringing me into another hug.
————

Word count: 1406

Authors note: 480 reads... wow thank you!

Also 2 chapters in one day??

DUDUDUDU