Chapter 8

The picture above is what the park and gazebo and the outfits look like.  George's is on top Clays is on bottom.
(Ironic👀)

Clays POV

It's Sunday morning at 7:35 I usually wasn't up early but set an alarm to put together what I had in mind for George today.  I'm sat in my kitchen by myself eating cereal scrolling through Twitter, my mom was sleeping and my dad at work.  I was alone most of the time, sure I had friends but they usually are grounded or at a party, party's aren't my thing.

I decide to call Bad and have him help me with the event today,  he's a good kid, doesn't party or anything but we aren't the closest, we hung out every once in a while though.  So I scroll through my contacts finding his and calling him, within 3 rings he answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bad it's Clay! I was wondering if you could help me with something?"
————

After Bad agrees to helping me I go over to my room grabbing a grey Champion crewneck and a pair of jeans cuffing them slightly.  I also add a small lock chain and my white sneakers, I didn't usually dress this nice but today was special.
————

Bad and I are sat in the car listening to music on our way to a small park in the middle of town.  It wasn't a playground kind of park, it was very open there was a gazebo with big beautiful trees and vines surrounding it.

As we pull into the he parking lot I get out the car and grab two baskets of food with Bad grabbing the red checkered blanket.  We walk over into the dirty white gazebo and place the blanket on the Woden floor,  I put the baskets down and look at the time on my phone. 9:30 perfect timing, I grab my phone texting George to wear something nice but warm because it was about 20 degrees, also telling him to come soon.

George:)
Take me on a date and not even give me a ride. Quite rude if you ask me🙄✋🏻
9:36

Reading his message made me laugh a little, as much as I wished it was a date I know he is only joking.

Clay
Oh come on now. Come to bridge wood park!
9:37 am

As I'm sat on the ground playing with the brim of my shirt I see George's car pull into the parking lot, he gets out in a light grey flannel with a white shirt under, and a pair of loose light blue jeans.  He looked amazing, the way he walked was perfect, and you can see him trying to fix his slightly messy hair while coming towards me.  His outfit didn't seem the warmest but he should be fine. He goes up the small steps of the gazebo sitting across from me on the big soft blanket.  I stare at him for a second, he looked beautiful, he put his phone down beside his legs that are crossed over each other in a pretzel.  His bruised slightly lighter but are definitely still there.

"Hey George, you look really good." I say giving him a soft smile.

"You too! Is this a picnic?"

"No, I just have this very picnicy blanket with picnic baskets out so we can go skydiving" I say teasing him in a sarcastic tone.

He rolls his eyes and says "what food did you bring to our 'skydiving session'?"

I take the two small baskets and place them in front of us. "This basket is your, and this one is mine."

We sit chatting and eating for about an hour talking about everything that doesn't matter,  neither of us really seemed to care if the conversations weren't relevant to what we are saying or if they don't mask any sense, it's honestly just fun talking to him.  I can't believe I've lived all my life without this beautiful boy with me. 

I notice George not eating as much as me, in fact he barely ate anything.

"Am I a bad cooker of peanut butter sandwiches?" I ask putting my hand on my chest acting offended.

"No your food is really good I'm just not too hungry right now, I'm sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry about, you know I've never really seen you eat much." I say this hoping he'll just say he doesn't have a big appetite and what I think is happening isn't.

"Uh- I um, I'm just not that hungry that's all."
He stutters out with a nervous giggle.

I can tell he wants to drop the subject so I start up a new conversation.

————

An hour more of chatting and it is 12:13 we decide to pack up the picnic but while we are packing it starts down pouring outside, before there was a light drizzle but the speed picked up quickly. I hand George one of the baskets and take the blanket out of his arms throwing it over both our heads.

"Ready! 3, 2 ,1 run!"

We start sprinting towards the car but as we put the food in the trunk George grabs my hand leading me into the middle of a circle of trees.

"Cmon, let's dance!" George practically yells trying to be heard over the big sounds of heavy rain drops.

I drop my shoulders and smile at him as he starts spinning and dancing under the thick drops of rain, the way he spun around and stuck his hands out collecting water in them was so peaceful.  He looked so free and happy. 

I walk over to him slowly grabbing his hand spinning him around under the dark daylight.  He grabs my other arm and has me dancing with him, I trip over my feet falling painlessly to the ground and George was laughing at the sight, I sped my arms out like a star fish and he runs over laying beside me.  We both are laying supine under the fall of rain smiling and giggling.  Both Of us looking up into the grey cloudy sky, I turn my head to face George but he continues to look up, he was so effortlessly pretty, the way his freckles lightly dusted his cheeks, how small his cute button nose curved, everything about this boy was perfect.

After a few calming moments I get up standing over him arms out to help him up.  He grabs a hold and get up, he releases one of my hands but runs back to the car holding the other.

After we get in my car I grab the blanket in the back seat throwing it over him telling him to dry off a bit.

He put the blanket over his head drying his hair then rapping it around his body shaking. I giggle at him and turn the heat up a bit to keep us warm.  I plug my phone in, putting my playlist on shuffle.

"Jesus in LA"
(Alec Benjamin)

"Well, I shook hands with the devil."

"Down on the south side"

"And he bought us both a drink"

"With a pad and a pencil sat by his side"

"I said tell me what you think"

The song continues on me and George singing it with all our heart, we don't drive we are just sitting in place warming up with the heater.

I can tell George's favorite part is coming as he gets louder while singing and turning to look at me.

"You won't find him down on sunset"

"Or at a party in the hills"

"At the bottom of the bottle"

"Or when your trippin on some pills"

Both looking at each other we sing louder and louder with each lyric. As we sing I start to think about how I really feel about George, I realize to me he isn't just a friend to me, he's a lot more then that.

Word count:1344

Authors note:  I know you went                 "at the 💥bottom of the bottle💥"
Don't lie:)