Chapter 7

⚠️TW: Eating disorder

Clays POV

Me and George are on our way to the coffee shop but I can't help but keep looking over to him, who would ever want to hurt this beautiful boy, he's the sweetest thing I know, he couldn't hurt a fly.

The car is filled with comfortable silence and a slight buzz from the heat, both of us are deep in thought. I pull into the parking lot and I hear George huff from beside me.  We both step out of the car and walk in side by side striking up a conversation.  George and I both sit at the table we were at last time looking at the menu,  I decide today I'm going to just get a coffee because I had eaten a lot today already.  I put my menu down ready to order, my head rests on my hand looking at George.  I notice the bags under his eyes and how big and purple the bruises were all around his face,  my heart breaks at the thought of what his father did to him. 

George closes his menu and puts it down on the table.  His glance moves toward me catching me starring so I quickly looks away but just with my eyes, keeping my head still in place.  His eyebrows raise and he giggles a little, then a short brunet girl walks over to our table asking for our orders. 

"I'll take a small caramel swirl with cream and sugar please." George says to the lady.  She quickly writes his order down then looks over to me waiting for me to order.

"Uh, I'll just take a dark roast." 

The lady nods her head with a smile taking the menus and waking away.

"Are you free tomorrow?" I ask tapping my fingers on the table.

"Yah, why?"

"Alright I'm picking you up by 9:30 so be ready." I say with a slight smirk on my face, I wanted to bring him to see the stars, the starry night gives me the same feeling that I have when talking to George. I'm not sure what it is but he makes me feel some sort of way.

"I'm really sorry, but I'm not aloud out past nine anymore, my dad is really strict about that kind of stuff.  I can hang out all day though."

Well there goes that, maybe another time.

"Alright then be ready by 10:00 am"

"Ok! What are we going to do?"  He asks bouncing in his seat.

"You'll have to find that out yourself."

He puts a pouty face on crossing his arms hoping to get me to cave in.

"As temping as it is I can't tell you."  I say in a hushed voice.

The waiter comes over with our drinks placing them in front of us then walking away to the table beside us.

————

We had just left the cafe and we're hopping into the car, him in the passenger seat and me in the drivers.

"Where are we going now?" He questions looking at me and buckling his seat belt.

"Want to go to my place? No one is home right now so we can just hang out.."

"Yah, sure"

————

George's POV

We arrive at Clays apartment and are on our way up the stairs, as we walk side by side he plays with his keys in his left hand while talking. His dirty blond hair bounces on each step and his emerald eyes dart from the stairs to me. There was something I felt when I was around him I felt with no one else, he made me happy for once.

My thoughts start to take over the moment though when I realize... maybe he is just being nice to me because of what happened, he probably feels bad and is hanging out with me to make sure I'm ok, then he'll leave like everyone else did. Please say he stays.

I brush those thoughts aside and we make it to his front door and he sorts through his keys finding the one for the door. It's about 5:30 at this point and it's starting to get dark.  As we walk in I'm hit with a sweet smell and I look around actually admiring what his house was like, before I was too focused on other things to even think about looking around. 

When you first walk in your greeted with the kitchen that leads straight into the living room.  The living room had a small sofa and the whole back wall was a window looking above the town. 

Clay puts his arm around me leading me towards the living room window, there was a pretty sunset looking above all the buildings and roads.  The sunset looks quite different to me then others, the sky was filled with a brownish red color from the sun. 

"Isn't the view from here beautifully this time." He says arm still around me head close to mine looking at me. 

"Yah, it really pretty.  I see it differently then you though." I state looking up at him our faces close together.

"What do you mean." Asks Clay, in a quite comforting voice.

"I'm color blind,  the color I can see the best is blue, thats why basically my whole closet is blue and black." I tell him my lips moving up to a smile.

"Oh, that's really cool maybe one day well see the sky the same." Says Clay his face inching toward mine.

I'm too focused on his movements to even question what he just said, my eyes move back and forth looking at his eyes and his lips.

As we are inches away I hear the front door swing open and we separate quickly pretending nothing happened. We are met with his mom standing in the door way hands full of groceries.

"Hey boys, can you guys grab the rest of the bags from the car."

We both hesitate then step forward and out the door leaving his mother inside by herself.  Clay and I jog down the stairs and out to the the car. He grabs two hand fulls of bags and I grab the rest, shutting the trunk and following behind.  We make our way up the stairs our steps echoing through the stairwell, The air seems to grow thick and awkward. 

When we get to the kitchen the bags are set onto the he counter and his mom tell us she can put them away.  He leads me towards his room the door closing behind us, but the air is no longer thick and unsettling, it's like it always is, comforting. He sits on his bed and I sit on the chair he has next to his gaming set up.  We start talking and time starts feeling shorter then normal.

Six o'clock rolls around the corner and his mom had supper ready and out on the table.  Im thinking of how I'm going to pull this one off, I can't just eat and then disappear into the bathroom for 20 minutes returning like nothing happened.  As we make our way to the table I see chicken and mashed potatoes sat on each plate, I notice an extra one confused until the front door opens and a tall man with blond wavy hair walks into the kitchen where we are sat.  He looks just like dream, same hair, tall, but he must get his eyes from his mom because his dad has dark brown eyes like mine.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm a late had a meeting that was supposed to be tomorrow but was moved too today.  Oh, who's this?" 

I shift in my seat hoping Clay would answer the questions for me.  I was never good at the whole people thing, it's just really overwhelming for me.

As I hoped Clay answered his question with a simple "he's just my friend George, George this is my dad."

"Hi, nice to meet you Mr Adams." I say giving an awkward wave and a smile.

"Hey, nice to meet you. now what's for dinner!"

————

Word count: 1330

Authors note: sorry this is kind of a boring chapter but I promise it will get more exiting soon!

The Risk That Started Us (dnf)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें