Chapter 9

Tw: eating disorder, bullying

George's POV

It was a normal Monday morning, I get up at 6:45 and showered. When I exit the bathroom I head over to my drawer grabbing a grey Nike hoodie and black sweats, nothing special. I walk downstairs and see my dad passed out on the couch with three empty beer bottles beside him and the tv on. As I'm heading out the door about to go to school I see a small black car pull up in front of my house, it was Clay. I was a little embarrassed by Clay having to see my gross small house again.

"Cmon! Let's go." He says dragging out the the last Letter in go.

I jog over to the car seeing Nick also know as Sapnap sitting in the front seat, I jump in the back putting my bag on the ground.

"You didn't have to pi-"

"Hey dude! I'm Sapnap." The guy in the passenger seat say loudly cutting me off.

"Uh... hey I'm George."

Clay puts the car in drive and speeds away to school. Sapnap was singing and dancing to music the whole way while me and Clay talk.

"You know you guys act a bit sus around each other." Sapnap says, he seems like someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind, but he seems cool. That or he's absolutely buzzed right now.

"Oh shut up snapmap." Clay says shaking his head sarcastically:

"Dream call me that again and you not making it out this car alive." Nick say hitting Clay on the shoulder.

Dream, hm that's an interesting name.

We pull into the school lot, as Nick and Clay step out the car Clay wait a second for me. We all walked in together chatting, Sapnap was loud and outgoing where Clay was more laid back and relaxed is what I've learned. As Nick goes over to his locker Clay walks me to mine.

"I have football practice today want to come watch so that we can hang out after?"

"Yah sure, but why?

"Huh"

"Why do you want to hang out with me? I'm like the weird kid no one talks to, And your Mr popular football player."

"Because your fun to be around, and your the only person in this damn school who I can have an actual conversation with without talking about girls and shit."
————

The rest of the day carries on and it's finally last period. I walk out of the room to use the restroom when a tall kid named Luke Punz approaches me just outside the restroom door.

"Aye, look it's Dreamy boys new pet."

Pet, Is that what I am to him?

"Looks like you've taken a beating, what happened?" As he says this two other tall guys walk up behind me, one of them grabbing my shoulder looking down at me.

"I-uh nothing I-I'm ok."

The kid in front of me pushes me into the bathroom grabbing me by my hood. He shoves me to the ground standing above my frantic body, one of his friends waits in front of the door making sure no one comes in and the other squatting down beside me.

"Your pathetic, you lunch barfing bitch.  We all know you do it kid, your not to quiet." He laughs at me putting his foot on my chest.

I see his hand shoot up in the air and by instinct I curl into a ball putting my hands above my head, I feel a hard fist hit my face but not hard enough to knock me out. My face is numb and my eyes hurt, I brace myself for more but nothing happens. I open my eyes and he's gone? As I sit up quickly pushing myself against the wall behind me at the small chance of freedom, I spot Clay standing over Luke beating the shit out of him while his two little friends run away.  Clay throws a last punch grabbing him by the shirt.

"You touch him again and you dead, you hear me!" He shouts in a rude angry tone.

He nods his head getting up fast and running to the door. Clay has this angry expression on his face that melts away when he sees me on the floor shaking.  Clay looks sympathetic and sad,  he goes over to me embracing me into a tight hug.

"Are you ok? How badly did he hurt you?"

"I-I'm fine just a little shaken up."

"No you not he hit you George!"

"It's whatever."

I try to brake from the hug not wanting to be babied because of a light punch.

"For the record he's got a really weak punch."

Clay laughs letting me go and sitting down beside me.  I look down at my hands trying to calm down a bit and stop shaking.

We sit in silence for a bit then Clay asked the one question I hoped he would never.

"What did he mean by lunch barfing?"

My eyes dart up looking at the short stone wall in front of me.

"Uh, he um. I don't know I think he was trying to just make fun of me." I stutter out hoping that he'll believe me.

"George you know that's bad for you right?  I mean I've been a bit suspicious since the first time we went out to eat but I wasn't sure."

I look back down at my hands again in embarrassment, he wasn't supposed to find out, well shit how did Luke even know.

"Please just don't tell anyone Clay...please."

"George you have to eat.  How long have you been doing this?"

"About two years I think."

Clay looks at me looking even more sad then before, his pointer finger hooks around my chin bringing my head to look at him. I give him a guilty stare wanting to go cry in my room never leaving again.

"George, your beautiful you know that right? Why would you ever want to change that?"

"I- Im just such a disgusting person I mean look at me."

"Stop- don't say that."

At this point tears trickle in the counter of his eyes as he try's to hold them in. We hear the bell ring and we both stand up grabbing our bags walking out of the bathroom together, looked a bit suspicious but I didn't really care what people thought for once.  When I was with Clay nothing seemed to matter but him.
————

"WHERE DID I GO WRONG, I LOST A FRIEND" Sapnap screeches out of tune as we ride to the football fields that are down the road from the high school.

Sapnap reaches from the backseat to the front turning down the radio.  "Wait a damn minute, why does your boyfriend or whatever get to sit in the front, I want to Dream!"

"Shut up Sapnap we are not dating, and stop acting like... you" Clay says in a very sarcastic tone laughing it off.

Nick hits him on the arm as we pull into the parking lot.  While Clay unbuckles his seat belt he turns to me and says

"Hey so Luke is most likely going to be at the practice, so if he tries to talk to you don't."

"Wait a damn minute! WHAT DID HE DO TO MY GEORGE!"  Sapnap says in an angry yet confused tone.

"What do you think."

"I'm going to kill him." He says in a calm voice cracking his knuckles.

"Don't worry Clay already did it half way."

"Ew why do you call him Clay?"
————

I wait on the bleachers for Clay to be done practicing, I see Luke look at me many times but I try and ignore him.  Clay seems to really target him all practice today.

When the practice is over me and Clay get in his car Nick following slowly behind out of breath. 

"You guys wanna do something? I got nothing to do and it's pretty early."

"Well me and George were going to hang out, you want to come?"

"Yah, can we stop at your place to like shower though?"

Word count 1377

Authors note: ok ok I know this is another boring chapter just stick with me ok?!!!??:)::6: