Chapter 3

Clays POV

"Clay!"  

"Clay!"

I wake up to a pair of hands on my shoulders shaking me awake, I slowly open my eyes covering the room light with my hand.  When my eyes adjust to the light I see my mother tightly gripping my shoulders with a concerned look on her face.

"What, what is it mom?" I say in a tired voice while rubbing my eyes and sitting up in my bed.

"Who the hell is on the couch! I got home from work and saw a young man in the living room sleeping, who is he?"  She says this with and angry yet scared tone.

My mother works at a hospital and often has to work late shifts and gets home between 1-2 every night.

"Mom, mom calm down, it's ok he's a friend of mine.  His name is George he is just staying the night, I completely forgot to ask, I'm sorry."

Sure that was a bit of a lie, but I wasn't going to tell my mom I let a complete stranger sleep at our house, she would kick him out without a second thought.  I know he's a good kid though, he had something in his gorgeous brown eyes telling me he could be trusted.

She looks at me, the concern in her eyes slowly fades away and she loosens he grip on my shoulders. A heavy breath escapes her lips and her shoulders drop a little.

"Alright, you better tell me next time though, you almost gave me a heart attack!" 

She lets go of my shoulders completely and gets off of the bed walking out of my room with relief, trying to be quiet making sure not to
wake the frail boy.

I check my phone to see the time being 1:45 am.  My hand runs through my messy thick hair and I lay back onto my bed falling back into my slumber. 

—————

I wake up from my alarm blaring right into my ear.  I click the stop button and check the time, 7:00

"Mmh school." I mumble under my breath rubbing my eyes

My feet guide me to the closet where I pick out a plain green hoodie. I throw it over my head while I walk over to my dresser to grab my black jeans with rips just on the knees.

I walk out of my room to the bathroom, fixing my hair and brushing my teeth.  Going over to the kitchen I see the pretty brunette boy sleeping so peacefully. I continue walking to the kitchen pouring myself a bowl of cereal and scroll through Twitter seeing what's new.

Once I finish my breakfast it was almost time to leave so I walk over to George but hesitant to wake him up.  I can't help but notice the freckles dusted lightly across his face barely noticeable.

Why does he look so familiar, I've definitely seen him somewhere but I'm not sure where or when, so I brush it off and go to wake him up.

————

George's POV

"Hey, uhh Georgie? Wake up!"

Georgie?

I open my eyes to see a familiar tall pretty man standing above me with a soft smile on his pink lips.

"Yah, yah, I'm up what is it?" 

I look around the room confused.  How did I get here? Where am I? What happened?
And Georgie? I haven't been called that since mom.

"W-where am I?" I question, looking around the room frantically searching for an answer.

"You fell asleep in the car last night so I brought you here to let you sleep."

Last night? Oh right... last night.

"Shit, it didn't work, ughh how could I be so stupid to thi-"

"Hey, it's ok, your ok, I'm here."

The mans words are soothing and calm. He looks at me and that cute dumb smile slowly fading.  Wait what no... why did I say it was cute?

"I have to go to school, but you stay here and rest, ok? My mom is home but she will probably sleep most the day, so make yourself at home grab food use the tv, whatever you want."

A mini panic starts to set in

"Oh god school, I have to get ready!"  I say about to stand up to get my stuff and go.

He puts his slightly tan hand with two thick rings on my chest signaling for me to sit back down.

"No you stay home today take the day off, you need it." 

I go to protest but have no words, we caught each others gaze and I lay back down, he raps me in the light blanket that rested on my lap with a smirk creeping on his face.

"Go back to bed, when you wake back up there is cereal in the bottom left cabinet."

He grabs his bag that rested on the ground near his feet, it goes effortlessly over his left shoulder leaving the right one bare.  His hand brushed through my hair without a second thought bringing me comfort.

"See ya later Georgie."

I close my eyes at attempt to fall back asleep, but the man I can't remember the name of is sitting in the back of my head taunting me.  Why did he stick with my thoughts so much?

With that I fall asleep thinking of the pretty stranger.

Word count: 899