Chapter 2

George's POV

We sit in silence with the light ring of the heat going.

I feel my breath starting to return to its normal state.  My head turns over to look at the man, he is staring right back at me.  His eyes were a pretty yellowish color to me, but since I'm colorblind I think they are green to others.

"You ready to talk? It's ok if not take your time."

The man said this very calmly and with a small smirk on his face.

I lightly nod my head so barely he can see it. 

"Yah, I'm ready. B- but what's you name first?"

I say this with a stutter still a bit shaken up.

"My name is Clay, what's your name?"

"I-I'm George"

He just simply nods his head waiting for me to continue.

"Could we maybe go somewhere else to talk?"

I say this in a shy tone trying not to seem to forward, making it seem like it's an option.  This car is filled with bad memories and bringing up these topics in it might trigger me more. 

I've never really been the leader type I'm just that kid who sits in the back of class, hiding from the world.  I've always been bullied for it, it's the main reason for my social anxiety I'm just always so paranoid.

"Yah of course, wanna just come over to my apartment?  You can stay the night on my couch if you don't want to go back to your place."

"That would be great! Thank you."

He grabs the keys sitting in the cup holder, he seems to notice the note next to them, It made him frown.  He placed the key into the car and drove off, no radio, no small talk, just silence. 

I slowly start to drift off, but I try my best to stay up.  My eyes keep closing, it feels like weights are holding them down. I give into the tiring sensation and rest my head on the window.

Clays POV

I look to my right to see the boy sleeping so peacefully.  I can't help but smile, his chocolate brown hair is sweeped to the side and his fragile thin hands rest on his lap with ease.  He was beautiful in every way, and the way his eyelashes curled up was adorable.

I look back to the road in deep thought.  'What could have possibly made this poor boy want to end his life he has barely gotten to live.'

——————-

We arrive to my apartment, but the boy is still sleeping I debate on waking him up but go against that thought.  I clime out of the car and jog to his side. I open the door and unbuckle his seatbelt picking him up bridle style. 

I feel like I am invading his space but I couldn't just let him freeze in the car. So we were off up the 3 flights of stairs to get to my room.

As we are walking up the stairs he buried his face into my chest like a child.  I smile at the sight of one of his hands placed on my chest and the other on his lap. 

I put my keys in the door and walk in, I usually like keep the place tidy, it makes me feel more put together, So there is no worries of having to pick up before he's awake.

I walk past the kitchen and into the living room placing George onto the two cushion sofa. He curls up into a ball instantly with a light snore.

I go to my room leaving the door open behind me for my cat Patches to come in when she wants.  I set an alarm on my phone for 7:00 am so George won't be confused when he wakes. 

————

Tossing and turning all night restlessly, I can't get George off my mind, I am going to give him as much time as he need to talk about it though I just want to know how I can help.

Word count: 704

Authors note:  just want to say that in this story George is about 16 and Clay/dream is 17!  Thank you for reading!