part 9

AN: I am dead.
----
>3rd person POV<
The weekend went fast after the encounter with Chris. June found out pretty fast that Gabi got Chris' phone number since Gabi had been on his phone a lot more than normally, but he couldn't complain since it's Gabi's life and he uses his time as he wants. Time went fast by, and currently Gabi is sitting outside of the book club's room reading the book he got from Mr. Smith.
>Gabi POV<
It's monday so June has book club, and people there are scared of me so I stay waiting outside of the room. I have nothing else to do so I just sit next to the door and read the book Alexander gave me last friday. That is until I hear a pair of shoes coming in fast pace towards me. It can't be a teacher since they would have already called my name, and it shouldn't be a student since everyone is either in clubs or left home already. Curiosity gets the best of me and I look up from my book and see a very familiar redhead, I close the book and get up "Chris, what are you doing here?" I say as he gets close enough to hear me. He looks a bit stressed out, I wonder why. "Yeah, hi. Uh- *sigh * Mr. Smith told me you skipped his class and since I was the last one around he told me to come give you the homework." well that explains why he looks stressed out, I would be too if I didn't know Mr.Smith as well as I do. He looks scary outside but really he's just a teacher who doesn't get paid enough, so basically he's just a normal teacher. Well maybe the fact that he was a police before becoming an english teacher makes him scary in normal eyes, lol. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell him. Lol.. So why are you at school exactly.." Am I thinking about this too much? Fck yeah I Am. Who would in their right mind stay over time in hell- I mean school. Chris is avoiding eye contact, well not that we had eye contact anyway since his fluffy hair is in front of his eyes, and June called me an emo boy.. "Well.. the truth is that I was looking for you." What. The. BLEEP I feel my cheeks heating up a bit, this feeling makes me uncomfortable but safe at the same time. I don't know if I like this, only June has made me feel like this before, should I be worried..?
"oh, why is that?" I ask, I'm trying to stop the burning feeling inside me, I sure hope he doesn't see me under all that fluff. what would it feel like if I ran my fingers through that.. I shake my head a bit to get the thoughts out of my head, I need to keep them away till I get back home. "Well, I wasn't sure whether you were still here in any clubs or not. I just wanted to walk you home. If that's ok with you" His voice gets quieter with every word but i can hear him perfectly fine. He's so sweet, it makes me laugh. It's hard to believe that someone with those looks is actually a shy guy. I bet he's super popular among the girls, that thought makes my heart skip a beat for some reason. "heh, I'm not in any clubs but I'm waiting for June. He has book club." I say while pointing at the door next to me, he nods as a sign for understanding, but he seems to be deep in thought for some reason. Why is that- oh. "U-um, I guess I should just head home then-" he starts backing away a bit, no I don't want him to just yet. "Oh come on now, you are scared of June?" I say and right after that the book club door slams open and I see June standing there, looking like he walked through a sand storm and now wants to kill someone. His social battery is probably like -100% right now, I guess Chris expected June to come out and that's why he tried leaving. Now he's just standing there, looking at me and June nervously. I know he's nervous since he's playing with his hands.
"Gabi you can leave. I will just go home alone." Why do I feel like I have fucked up so bad right now. All I have done is talk to Chris, I don't like this feeling. What did I do to get this feeling, and what do I have to do to get it away. I need to act normal, get your shit together Gabi. "* sigh* June no, I'm not going without you. Remember the last time?" I see Chris backing away again so I look at him as a sign for him to wait till I'm done with this conversation. June seems so much more, uneasy? I don't know, he's acting weird and that's all I know. I hear June take a deep breath "Sorry, yeah you are right. Chris you can just walk with us. I don't bite if that's what you are scared of" Ah yes, I forgot who taught me to read body language. June. Of course he reads Chris better than I do. I check at Chris and his shoulders seem to be down, meaning that June's words were comforting to him, somehow.. "Wait June aren't you supposed to be reading right now?" I ask, this is confusing. Usually June stays bit over time at the club but now he's like half an hour early. "I feel sick so I was about to leave but then I heard Chris here.." June what the fck is going on you are making me so anxious. "ok let's just go home then. Chris you are coming with us. You have no rights to say no." I say and put the book I had in my hands back into my bag. I already know this is going to be so awkward.
>Time skip when June and Gabi get to the apartment<
>June POV<
The train and walking were so fcking awkward, yeah Gabi and Chris were talking about something, no idea what. I was zoning out most of the time because of the throbbing headache I still have. As I get inside Gabi's apartment I take my shoes and jacket off and go straight to the couch, hoping the pain goes away when I lay down. I don't get to lay there in peace for a long time when Cali immediately comes on top of my back and starts walking in circles and finally laying down on me. This is nothing new, it happens pretty often but oh well. It is what it is. *click * I groan knowing Gabi just took a picture of me and Cali, but before I get to say anything Gabi starts speaking. "Sorry about that, this just seemed like a memory I want to save. Anyways, do you maybe want some hot chocolate? Would that make you feel better and yes I noticed you zoning out and holding your head when we were on the train." ah yes, there is the Gabi I love. Always caring and noticing every different thing I do. I like that. "Yeah please, and if we could just watch a movie or something, that would be nice. And thanks, alot.." I already feel alot better emotionally when I hear Gabi laugh a little. I really wish we could just stay together forever, but I guess that isn't likely now that Gabi found a new person he tolerates. Maybe I'm being too clingy and needing him too much. Should I have stayed with Cassandra? That would probably be better, now Gabi has to take care of me even though I Am capable of taking care of myself. Am I just a burden to him? Probably yeah. I mean, he doesn't really need me for anything. Why does he keep me around, does he just pity me because I don't have other friends? Maybe if I just leave him be, he would be happier. I have seen him smile and laugh brighter with Chris. Why Why WHY!? WHY THE FCK DOES HE CARE SO MUCH OF ME. I feel like crying, my eyes are burning, I bite my tongue to distract myself like I have always done when I feel like crying, dad told me that real men don't cry and I live by that. I just stuff my face deeper into the couch pillow and focus on the small animal's purring on my back, maybe Cali is useful sometimes. I notice myself falling asleep, maybe this is what I need. Sleep. Maybe this all is just a bad dream and everything is still the same as it was a few days ago. I hope that's the case because I don't like the reality we are living right now..
----
AN: pain
Word count: 1518