Chapter 8

Chapter 8

ALEX'S POV

"Do you really have to leave?" Storm asked as I dropped another thing from my locker into a box.

"I don't want to but, I can't turn this offer down. I mean, Clemson University in South Carolina! That's a really good deal! And they want me to start after winter break! I'm planning on making this a professional carreer of mine." My whole family was moving to South Carolina because I got accepted into college early. I was able to score a cheerleading scholarship and I really needed to get out of Utah.

"But I don't want you to leave!" Farren whined.

"I don't want to leave you guys either but this is my big chance!"

"Well good luck." Storm smiled, hugging me.

"Thanks." I said, hugging her back before continuing to clean out my locker. I put my box in my locker before heading off to my first class of my last day. Eventually the day ended and I grabbed my box out of my locker before heading home.

"Honey, make sure everything's packed. We're leaving in an hour." I nodded and went up to my room. As I sorted through my stuff, I found a bunch of stuff from when Ryan and I were dating. I smiled, letting a small tear roll down my cheek and put all the stuff in a seperate pile. "Alex! Ready to go?" My mom asked, stepping into my room.

"Yea-yeah." I said, wiping away my twaes and stuffing the stuff from Ryan into a backpack. "All my boxes are over there." I said, pointing.

"Okay, bring them on down. Adam! Help your sister with her things." My mom called down the stairs as I slung the backpack over my shoulder and picked up one of the boxes. Soon, my brother appeared and carried two of my boxes. He was moving to LA to try to further his career in music. He packed my boxes in the car and went to go grab the last one. He soon returned and I just stared at the house.

"Mom. Ca-can I go hang out at the park for 5 minutes?" She nodded and I started walking. I made it to the park and sat down on the bench, taking in the cold air. I looked around and remembered all the memories I had at this park. I happily sighed as I moved over to the swings. I sat down and swung my legs, slowly picking up speed. As the wind ran through my hair, I closed my eyes and remembered Storm and I racing to see who could get the highest.

"Woo-hoo!" I yelled out. I started giggling and started to rock back and forth while swinging as high as I could do.

"Alex!" Someone called my name and I quickly opened my eyes. There stood Ryan, looking up at me. I drug my feet on the ground and hopped off the swing. I hadn't seen him in 3 weeks, since we broke up. He had dark bags under his eyes and I could see marks from tears on his cheeks. It looked like he hadn't slept well in weeks. He was also extremley skinny and pale, like he hadn't been eating.

"Ryan...a-are you okay?" He weakly nodded. "You-you loo-"

"Horrible? Yeah." He chuckled. His voice sounded tired and exausted.

"Whe-when as the last time you slept? Ate!" I exclaimed.

"Alex, don't worry about me."

"I will worry about you Ryan! You look sick!" I cried.

"I'm fine Alex."

"Just please promise me, after I leave, you'll start eating and sleeping again."

"Alright, if it'll make you feel better." He chuckled.

"I'm serious Ryan! I don't want you to fucking die!"

"I won't die! Look, I just came to say goodbye." He sighed. He walked over to me and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him and he felt really bony, even more than usual. He lookedme in the eyes and crashed his lips with mine. I was shocked at first but gave in. "Breaking up with you was the worst mistake I ever could of made." He said, barely above a whisper after breaking the kiss. "But I guess it's too late, huh?" He laughed.

"We-we can have a long dis-"

"Those never work out Alex. You're going to be in South Carolina for four years at the least. All your family is moving there. That's all the way across the country Alex. We'll never see each other. It won't work out."

"Ryan." I cried, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Shhhh, it's okay Alex." He said, pulling me close to his body, stroking my hair. "I want to give you this." He said, handing me a wrapped up object. I took it from his and fingered the paper.

"C-Can I open it now?"

"Sure" He shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. I opened it carefully and read it.

"Green Day?" I asked, reading the band's name. He nodded.

"You told me you liked their music so, I got you one of their albums, one of my favorites, Dookie." He smiled. I smiled back at him, my eyes filling with tears.

"Thank you Ryan." I said, hugging him again.

"No problem." He chuckled.

"I think I better be getting back." I laughed. "Walk with me?" I asked, holding out my hand. He nodded and intertwined his fingers with mine. We walked, talking and laughing until we got to the corner. He suddenly got quiet and kept looking down at me. "What's wrong?" I asked, pulling him.

"I-I just expected you to want to pretend to hate me again." He said innocently.

"Ryan, I'm moving, it doesn't matter." I chuckled. He smiled and grabbed my hand tighter as we walked back to our houses.

"There you are Alex! Cmon!" My mom shouted.

"I guess this is goodbye?" I said to Ryan. He sadly nodded. I hugged him before running to my car.

"ALEX!" I turned around to see Storm running to me. "I'm going to miss you so much!" She yelled as she attack hugged me.

"I know, we'll stay in touch, alright?" I said, hugging her back.

"Alright." She agreed, wiping away her tears. I hugged her again and wiped away my own. I climbed into the backseat of the car and waved goodbye as we drove away. Once we were out of the neighborhood I pulled the CD out of my hoodie pocket. I opened it up and looked over at the booklet.

Hey Alex, I'm going to miss you. Have fun in South Carolina. I'll never forget you :) <3 Love Ryan.

I smiled as I ran my fingers over his writing. I opened up my bag and looked through the other stuff that I got from Ryan. A shirt, a necklace, a picture of us. I wiped away my tears and looked out the window, watching the world pass by.

*****************************************************************************************************

Okay, before I get anymore comments like this, NO it's not over :) This story has a lot more to go :)

Okay, I hoped you liked it :)

Listening to Like We Used To -----------> and Call Me When You're Sober~ Evanescence

5 COMMENTS/VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER!