Its my fault.

"You're free to go."

I felt like looking him in the eye and giving him a smart ass remark about how damn straight I'm free to go but I held my tongue as I watched his bushy eyebrows rise and fall with each line of paperwork that he filled out.

They kept me overnight in a cell, nothing but a concrete floor, a metal bench I was supposed to sleep on, three white painted brick walls and thick cage bars confining me. It wasn't at all pleasant and I spent the best part of the night shivering because there was a chill in the air and they had confiscated my jacket.

This morning the hairy guard came to collect me he brought me to an interrogation room, exactly like the one I had made my original statement in. Returning back to that room was probably harder on me than spending twenty four hours locked up like a caged animal.

I couldn't focus yet he made me retell everything that happened leading up to Jaxs arrest, then he twisted my words several times, somehow making me look like the criminal instead of Jax. It's only when I delve deeper into the years of abuse I had endured at the hands of Jax that they finally decided to let me go and I doubt that would have even happened without the proof I could provide.

I needed to shower and eat and sleep but most importantly I just needed to see Olivia, to know that she was okay.

The guard handed me over my jacket, complete with all of my belongings and pointed towards the door, waving me off now that they were done with me. I slipped my hand in the pocket and pulled out Jordan's phone, scrolling through his contacts until I found 'Olive' and then I hit call.

"Liam?" She picked up almost immediately and I could hear the heart wrenching worry in her voice.

"Hey, they let me go. Can you have Jordan pick me up at the station?" I sat myself down on the kerbside just outside the station and picked up a rock, skimming it against the floor.

"Of course! What happened? Are you okay?" I smiled to myself at her sweet concern but my smile didn't reach my eyes because inside I couldn't feel happy.

"I don't know." I admitted. "I gave in my statement about what happened yesterday, I showed them all of the pictures that I've kept over the years. They were looking for him anyway because of what he did to my mom. Plus his crimes link with Colins arrest and in that one moment everything just came together for them."

"Liam that's amazing! He's finally going to be punished for what he put you through." I could imagine her face so clearly in my mind, all I could see was that bruise on her face. The bruise I caused.

"Yeah." I muttered quietly.

"Liam what's wrong?" She asked compassionately after a few moments of hesitation between us both.

"It's my fault." I whispered. I did aim to speak those words at a normal volume level but my voice box betrayed me.

"What is your fault?" I sighed loudly, blowing wind down the phone speaker. Then I threw the rock across the road watching as it bounced vigorously against the tarmac surface.

"I tried to push you away but I had these feelings for you that I didn't understand, I know now that those feelings were love. But that's why I should have tried harder, succeeded. If I didn't let you in you would never have got involved with all of the shit that I have going on in my life. Jax would never have hurt you. I would never have hurt you."

"Liam..." She spoke my name so softly, full of comfort, promise and understanding. "I love you. Your struggles are my struggles. What Jax did, it's not your fault. The only one to blame for that is Jax himself. You got there before he could do anything truly sinister and it wasn't for nothing, it led to his arrest. Don't you see? I would relive everything that has ever happened between us, just because I know that it would eventually bring us here and here is a pretty wonderful place to be."

"Liv, I'm so sorry. I walked into that motel room and lost control. I should have comforted you, checked you were okay but just seeing his face and knowing he had hurt you flooded me with this intense rage."

"I know. I understand." I nodded quietly even though she couldn't see me. I still felt upset inside and somewhat blamed myself for what Jax did, I think a part of me always will.

"I'm so done with all of this. This town, these people, once the trial is over I am heading back to Stanford early. I got soccer stuff to do anyway." I threw another rock across the road, it hit the opposite kerbside and bounced back.

"I will come with you." She uttered cheerfully.

"No Liv, I can't ask you to do that. Stay here, finish your summer break and spend time with your family." She laughed sweetly.

"Liam, I'm coming with you. We can go house hunting... that is if you still want to move in together?"

For the first time since before finding out Olivia was in danger I smiled. Not just any smile, it was the kind of smile that hurt your cheeks and made every tooth show. It the was the kind of smile that wasn't just visible on the outside but could also make you feel like you were glowing on the inside as well. It was the kind of smile that had the power to make strangers feel warm and fuzzy if they just so happened to catch a glimpse even though they don't  know you or the reason why you're smiling.

"Of course I do." I replied, pretty sure she would hear the smile exposed in the tone of my voice.

"Good." I could definitely hear her smile.

The familiar sound of Jordan's car horn interrupted the comfortable silence of our phone call. I stood up from the kerb and slung my jacket over my shoulder.

"Jordan's here." I told Liv. "I'll see you soon." I slipped into the car, keeping my eyes on the road ahead while Jordan studied my side profile without starting up the engine. "Just say it." I muttered with a sigh.

"I told you-" he started but I cut him off.

"No, don't say it. I don't want to hear it. Just shut up and drive." He growled and I grimaced at him but he got the memo and started the car.

"You look like shit." He so kindly pointed out.

"Really? Thanks. I modelled my look on you this morning so I guess I did a good job. Here's your phone." I threw his phone down between us and attempted to better my appearance in the mirror.

"You wound me." He muttered sarcastically.

"His trial is in a couple of days." Jordan side-glanced at me for a nanosecond before returning his gaze back on the road. "He pleaded guilty but I'm going."

"Why?" His voice sounded shaky now, he seemed to have lost his earlier confidence.

"For closure." I whispered, not feeling strong enough to talk at my normal volume.

"I will be there." His words stole my breath and I don't know why they surprised me, of course he would be there. He has never let me down, he has always had my back why would this time be any different?

"You don't have to-" I reassured.

"I will be there." He repeated with such a strong, sure tone. Like this was non negotiable, it wasn't up for debate. It was happening. "We all will." He finished it up with. He turned to face me fully. "Let's fight this bitch."