Rain.

"Jeez Liam, are you okay?" She came up behind me as my head tipped deeper into the toilet bowl, puking up last nights dinner. It's become a routine for me now. Sleep. Nightmare. Vomit. Shower. Repeat.

In the days that followed after seeing him it made my nightmares more superior than ever. I woke up not knowing what was reality and what wasn't. At a time of uncertainty like this I really ought to be sleeping alone but I couldn't bare to be alone. So I just warned her not to touch me and trusted that she would listen. Instead she sat back feeling helpless to my struggle.

It was exhausting in so many ways.

"I'm fine." I told her, wiping my mouth with tissue and flushing it all away. It's really not an ideal situation to have an extremely attractive girl watching as you wake up drenched in a cold sweat, shaking with fear and then proceed to puke your guts up each and every night. Really turns down my turn on factor, hurts the ego.

At least now I feel a little more comfortable showering with her in the next room, I still keep the door open but I don't need her to sit in the bathroom with me like the first three times.

"That was a really bad one, huh?" I crawled back into bed after showering, my chest still constricted with my frantic breathing and I just nodded, unable to communicate any more words relating to my nightmare that I needed to desperately forget. I closed my eyes, focusing on the comforting smell of coconut and cocoa butter to aid me in drifting back off to sleep.

***

"Come, let's play soccer." Jordan barged into the room at first light bouncing the ball from knee to knee. I dragged my eyelids upwards, they felt heavy and were enclosed with bags thanks to the broken sleep. I pulled the duvet over my face hiding away from the intruding light.

"You're going to break something." I heard Olivia warn before a loud crash echoed around the room.

"Place is smashed to bits anyway." Jordan's voice said with maximum disinterest. "Get upppp!" He moaned again, dragging the syllables out like a whiny child.

The sun warmed my skin and it felt like the unfamiliar fuzzy feeling that warmed my heart. I watched my friends laugh together as they tackled the ball from one another, a little too viciously to be classed as a friendly match like originally planned but regardless of how brutal they were being I realized the love that they have for me.

It was an eye opening moment for me and I couldn't help but smile at Zak who ran around with his t.shirt pulled up over his head and his arms spread out like he was trying to take flight.

He looked an idiot.

Or even Ben who kept singing 'We Speak No Americano' and every now and again when he thought nobody was watching he would pull stupid dance moves because the song was clearly stuck in his head.

He was an idiot.

Or Jordan who was on the losing team and wasn't taking it very well. He stood with his hands on his hips shouting aggressively at every player, blaming them for his rubbish game.

He was the biggest idiot.

And Reece, new to the pack but fit in like she had been here the whole time. She kicked the ball between her two feet, making her way towards the unattended goal, just to piss Jordan off with another score.

Fuck, they're all idiots.

"Why are you sitting there smiling Liam? Get up we're losing!" Jordan screeched at me and I laughed, legitimately laughed out loud for the first time in weeks.

These idiots are my friends, they love me. I told them something I had been ashamed of for my entire life, yet they are still here and they are not treating me any differently.