Release and Breathe.

"Can I drive?" Lola asked as we eyed up Zak's car in the parking lot, I threw her the keys instantly, not caring what she did to Zaks car. Besides, I was too pumped to concentrate on driving right now, she sniggered to herself and then climbed in the drivers seat.

"I feel powerful." I muttered to myself, not able to remove the ever growing smile from my lips. Lola side glanced at me, not fully removing her eyes from the road.

"It's a rush isnt it?" I nodded my head at her in agreement.

"I feel like I'm winning." I told her, almost not wanting to speak too soon in case I jinx everything but then not being able to hold back. "I just have so much energy and I don't know where to put it." Lola turned fully to face me and gave me a large smirk.

"I know a place." She uttered before turning back to face the road.

It was merely fifteen minutes later when she pulled up outside an airport runway. She unbuckled her belt and raised her eyebrows up and down at me suggestively. Then she tugged at her door handle and left the car. Sheepishly I followed wondering what on Earth we were doing here. She had already pulled herself up onto the white metal of his car bonnet and she had her face pointing towards the sky.

"What are we doing here?" I asked her, sliding onto the top of the car bonnet to sit next to her.

"You'll see." She told me with a mischievous glint to her grey eyes. I seemed to mimic her body language, looking up at a darkening sky. The last visible remains of the sun seemed to be disappearing coating the world in darkness. I wondered if Lola had brought me here just to watch the sunset even though there was hardly anything left of dusk.

Then a rumble came in the far distance, I recognized the sounds as the engine of an airplane which made sense since we were sitting directly outside the airport. We heard the plane before we could see it but then in a nano second it appeared and was flying over our heads.

Not just miles in the air above our heads, this was yards above our heads. The whole car shook beneath us and the turbo winds of the powerful motor jets were so overwhelming that they almost knocked my whole body backwards. I jumped up, actually thinking this plane was going to crash right into me and Lola burst out laughing.

"Oh my God! What! Ahhhhhh!" I shouted in surprise, ducking my head down on instinct as the jet flew right past me and landed, legs down on the runway.

In the few fleeting seconds that followed I wasn't sure I was still alive. I kept looking between the empty sky, the run way and Lola. From directly below the plane it looked massive and scarily exciting. I could read every word written across the white and blue exterior, I could count every window if only it went slow enough to allow the time to count them.

It was an overdose on adrenaline, my heart beat ridiculously fast sending all the blood directly to my muscles. My senses were on high alert, every colour was brighter, every noise was louder and the smells were strong enough to taste.

"Here comes another!" Lola shouted, she jumped to her feet and stood next to me as we watched the plane approach from afar, dipping lower and lower the closer it got to us. This time I knew the plane wasn't going to get close enough to hit me but the same rush of excitement ran through my veins.

"Whoooo!" We shouted together, jumping up and down, raising our hands in the air to touch it but neither of us managed because it was actually further away than it looked or felt.

The wind blew cold in my face, knocking the breath out of my body and hitting me square in the chest with a force. The smell of petrol and burnt rubber friction on the runway lingered thick in the air and adrenaline rushed through me.

"Are you ready to scream?" She shouted as the winds started picking up again and there was a distant roar of a growingly familiar engine. I nodded my head and she grabbed my hand knowing that we would be stronger and louder together.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I shouted, releasing the whole of my lungs capacity out into the air. I screamed loudly and I didn't stop screaming, I let all of my energy flow out into the world. I gave up my adrenaline, I gave up all of my frustrations and I released every inner feeling that I had been cooping up.

I screamed away every bad thing that happened to me in the past.

I screamed away every nightmare.

I screamed away every sexual problem I've experienced this past week.

I screamed for the excitement of my future.

I screamed for the justice.

I screamed because I was free or as free as I could feel in this moment.

And after releasing everything, I breathed.

I breathed in the new air, the new life, the new start.

When the aircraft had screeched to a halt at the top of the runway Lola looked at me with a wide smile on her face.

"You good?" She asked with a knowing expression, her voice a little rough thanks to her own screaming. I just nodded my head.

"I want to go see my girl now." My voice was equally as rough, if not worse than hers. She laughed silently and then beckoned me with her fingers to follow her back to the car. She automatically assumed the driving roll again but I had no problem sitting in the passenger seat and letting her take the reins.

We fell into a comfortable silence, listening to the radio for any traffic updates. The occasional song came on and she would sing along but I enjoyed the inner calm that I was now feeling. For the the first time in a while nothing was on my mind and it was beautiful. I pulled out my phone and read through my messages to pass the time.

Z: Liam! I am so proud of you! Love you man.

Z: How is my car? Haven't crashed it have u?

B: We watched it Liam, you did amazing.

R: Liam, you're so brave. xx

J: Why did you take Lola? that's odd.

J: Oh and btw good interview bro. Proud of you.

L: Will be there in the morning Jord. On our way back now but gonna eat first. What room you in?

J: 504 fifth floor, I've arranged with the desk for you to pick up a key on arrival.

"I didn't thank you." I pointed out taking my eyes off my phone. I noted her eyes flick in my direction again but only for a second before returning back to the road. "For coming with me today." I clarified, the corners of her lips curved ever so slightly into a smile.

"I came for the fitbit, not for you." She said in a mocking tone and I just rolled my eyes and turned to face the window.

A blur of headlights kept zooming past me, each one standing out as bright as the other since the world was now baked in a peaceful darkness. I could feel my eyelids getting heavier with each passing minute but I shook off the tiredness. The last thing that I wanted was to have a nightmare in the car with Lola. Or even worse, a sex dream like all of the previous nights but something within told me I wouldn't. My mind was truly empty, in a few hours I would be holding Olivia in my arms and everything from here on out would be pure perfection.