𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"No, Kol, you're doing it all wrong," said an irritable Rory, her face falling into the palm of her hand for what felt like the millionth time that day.

The girl had been trying with everything in her to help him work a phone. Of all things an original vampire needs help with, of all the things that this supernatural powerful creature needed, it was to work a phone.

"Well you do it then, if it is so simple," Kol offered, his shoulders held up high, scared to bruise his own ego from simply not being able to work a small square of wires. Rory sighed, and gently took the phone out of his hands once more. And in a few simple taps, she had entered into the messages app and sent a simple text.

"You see?" Rory told him, raising her brows, handing the phone back to him, "Easy."

Kol stared at her for a moment, rather scrutinizingly, almost as if she had just done the most offensive thing one could even think of. Rory just looked back, giving an awkward smile, not sure of what she had done.

The two of them were sitting on the couch side by side, their shoulders touching as Rebekah sat in the chair opposite of them, on her own phone.

"What is even the point of this useless technology?" Kol asked in distaste as he held it in his hands, silently trying to remember what Rory had previously done, copying her actions, silently praising himself when he was successful in doing so.

"It's how people these days work," Rebekah told him, looking up from her own device, "Keeps them occupied from their other horrors in their lives."

Kol turned to look at Rory once more, almost as if he were looking for confirmation of Rebekah's answer, and when she shrugged her shoulders and nodded her head silently telling him that his sister's response was absolutely accurate, he looked back down at his phone.

People these days were rather weird.

Rory herself would continuously look over an steal glances at Kol. She felt weird when she did that. Like a little knot in her stomach would form every time she watched the way his nose would move in the cutest way possible when he spoke, or the way he would fidget with his own fingers at the most random of times. Sometimes she would find herself subconsciously grabbing his hand to hold in her own, somehow making sure that he was actually there. With her. 

A smile would even grow on her face when she would feel Kol hold back onto her hand.

Never once in either of their lives have they felt the way about another person than they do with each other. Both growing up with troubled lives, lacking love anyone really, they have found a hospice in each other.

Elijah stood on the opposite end of the room, inspecting a roll of sage that seemingly had been burned. Finn had yet to tell them of the official reasoning behind stopping them from drinking the champagne last night. And Klaus sat on the opposite end of the couch, a pad of paper in his lap as he continued to draw.