Chapter 4

I hope you are enjoying reading this.

While the night raged on, I lay feeling paralysed. My world has been turned upside down as I didn't know what to do. My parents would normally assist me in a difficult situation but now I'm all

alone.

The cave was dark and damp as the sound of water dripping resonated throughout the night, keeping me conscious. All I craved was to sleep, sleep away the grief, sleep away the distress.

After the night moved onward painstakingly, I decided to move and find something different. All I desired was to be distant from my beloved pack. It will forever be my favourite place. It will always be where I evolved into the character I am now. My pack constantly informed me how to survive but I never imagined I would need to withstand life by myself.

As I recollected the joyous memories from my pack, something caught my attention. When I witnessed my parents being beaten I was hauled back, away from them. I left them to suffer and die.

Who dragged me away?

Why would anyone take me away from them?

I couldn't fathom why someone did it. I could have protected them. They wouldn't have died. I would be with them again.

I lamented as my heart broke. Grieving the loss of my parents. My eyes drenching the rocks beneath me. My hair being locked in different directions as I haven't been strong enough to wash.

I decided to explore this portion of the woods for a while for a body of water to drink and clean. The indicolite sky swiftly became clouded, flooded with rain as my tears ensued promptly. My life is continually changing, and I'm concerned. I don't know what's going to occur, where I'll go from here.

While I'm grateful for everything my pack has done for me, the only way for me to stop mourning is to recollect bad moments. I couldn't do anything without them but I would attempt to, I'll do it for them. I'll make them proud to call me the beta's daughter.

That will be my promise to them.