Chapter 2

The writing in italics is Adina's thought process.

Waking up in the forest was something unfamiliar to me, not comprehending how I arrived here was another alien thing. My memory was completely hazy as I have recently arisen. Reflecting on that disastrous twilight, I eventually evoked the memory of my parents being besieged.

I ran back to my former pack, through the bustling trees of destruction. Throughout the suffering of remembering, I finally see the clearing. The corpses of the unfortunate stacked up as rogues guarded them. Searching through the collection of people, I scanned for my parent's bodies.

What are they doing? Why are they overlooking them like that?

Overhearing the screeching created by the rogues, I noticed them growing more vociferous. I patiently inspected as they produced two people in collars. They dragged them, pretending like they were animals. The wailings progressed as the pair were hauled closer toward them.

Following a closer inspection, I discerned that the people that were being hauled were my parents. The rogues screeched as they enclosed them within a circle as they chanted haphazardly at them, gradually increasing the sonority.

After awhile they abruptly ceased when a much taller man than the average rogues. I aspired to go and help but I acknowledged that I wouldn't be capable to assist. I settled for exploring for someone amenable to help, I heard a shriek.

Turning back, I notice my father lying on the ground, cloaked in filth. My mother bellowing as the man stalked closer toward her. He lunged down and seized her by her neck, snapping it without any consideration.

"Now we'll get paid!" The larger man bellowed at the others as they shrieked in agreeance.