Causing Trouble

Y/N POV

You and Lisa start to eat quietly for a few minutes. It's a comfortable silence as you both look at each other in between bites. You were about to ask how she would feel about trying again but the waitress came up.

You wonder what she would've said or if she's content with you being friends after everything she went through. Though it was a nice surprise to see her in your sweater. You wonder if she wears it often or it was just a coincidence.

"How long are you here?" she asks you, breaking the silence.

"I'm not sure. I don't have anything for at least a month and a half."

You planned on staying for a week and have an open flight back so you can just choose a date to go back.

"Ahh. Are you starting another project?"

"Not really. I have to make some guest appearances to make Eric happy since I'm taking some time off." you tell her as you roll your eyes.

"I remember you telling me you were taking a break. I'm guessing Eric wasn't too happy about that." she smirks at you.

"Nope. Neither was Nick." You shake your head, remembering when you told them about it.

It was an exhausting hour trying to convince Nick and Eric that you wanted to take a break. They kept insisting to keep going so you could get more steam.

"Why would Nick not want you to take a break? I thought he would want you to take time for yourself." she asked curiously.

"He knows I'd just be at home moping around." you mutter.

Of course, that's exactly what you've been doing.

"Have you? Been moping around?"

You shrug at the question and hear her chuckle.

"How is Nick and Amani?" She doesn't press the matter, thankfully.

"They're the same. I just saw Amani last week. She says hi, by the way. If it makes you feel better, she hasn't stopped yelling at me for what I did. She loves you girls."

You see her smile at that.

"I should give her a call some time." she says.

"Please do. It'll get her off my back." You chuckle, playfully pleading with her.

There's another bit of silence as you both continue to eat.

"So how are the girls?" you finally ask after a while.

"They're fine. Do they know you're here?" she asks.

"No. The only person I told was your manager."

She seems surprised by this and looks up at you from her plate.

"Oh no. I forgot I was supposed to meet her! Wait, is that why she asked me to come to work?"

"Yeah." You nod at her. "It took a little bit of convincing for her to do it but I'm glad she did."

"Why didn't you just come to the dorm?" she asks.

"I wanted to talk to you alone first. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd want to see them after, depending on what you say."

She puts her utensils down and stares at you.

"What did you want to talk about?" she asks hesitantly.

You take a big sigh and gather your thoughts for a second. You rattle around your brain for a way to start the conversation but every time you open your mouth to speak, you hesitate and think of a different way.