Here Goes Nothing

"C'mon, I want to take you somewhere." you tell Jennie as you clean up the plates and napkins in front of you.

Jennie looks at you then looks at the time. "Actually, we have to be somewhere soon."

"It won't take long. I promise."

You down the rest of your coffee and head out.

"Y/N, we don't have time to go anywhere else." she says stopping right outside.

You ignore her and grab her hand to pull her. "I told you, it won't take long. Whatever it is can wait."

She tries to pull her hand out of yours but with your grip, she wasn't able to so she just grabs a hold of your hand and catches up to the side of you.

"Fine but if we miss it, don't blame me."

You take her back towards the mall to a bookstore or library that you saw. Once you enter, it actually surprises you how big it is.

"Whoa

"Whoa.. didn't expect it to look like this inside." you say out loud.

"Yeah..." you hear Jennie say softly while she looks around.

You take a look around to see if you could spot the section you're looking for, but the place is big so you'll have to walk around.

"Umm let's go look around." you tell her, still holding her hand. She just nods and follows you.

Eventually, you find where they keep empty books for journaling or diaries. You let go of Jennie's hand and pick three journals, two black and one pink.

You look towards Jennie, who has an eyebrow raised and a confused look. You smile at her and head over to the counter. You pay for the journals and walk out the building.

"Ok. So I know how frustrated or upset you get at mistakes you make. Trust me, I'm the same way." You take out one of the black journals and hand it to her. "Something people don't know about me is I write down my mistakes and write what I could change, how I can do it differently next time, whatever. It sounds silly, but it helps me remember and feel better about my mistakes knowing I have a plan for next time."

"I want you to try it too. You can start off with big mistakes that you can't help but upset you but if you actually write about it and make a plan, it can help. You'll also realize you'll end up writing in this less and less." You continue and take out the pink journal. "Now, I'm not sure if you already keep a diary... but it might help to write down any feelings that you don't want to or can't tell me or the girls about. Keeping things in will eat at you and hurt you in the end so I want you to write it down."

You hand over the pink journal to her and she just stares at both journals in her hand as she takes in what you said.

"What about the last one?" she asks looking up.