chapter seven

Song suggested: Just role the sad playlist again, or Mr. Loverman :)

    George fell to his knees. He was sobbing uncontrollably and could barely breathe.

His friends rushed to get out of the car, slamming their doors without a care in the world. They both ran over to George, quickly falling to the ground to be eye level with him. George was hyperventilating.

    "He told me, i meant nothing to him. nothing," George managed to spit out.

"I'm gonna kill that man," Alex muttered under his breathe.

"George, look at me," Karl spoke softly, making direct eye contact with George. "Follow my breathes."

It was hard, but George was able to breathe in and out slowly. He eventually got his breathing back to normal. Though that was better, he was not. George was heartbroken. He knew if he started crying again it wouldn't stop, so he decided to wait until he got home.

"Can you take me home?" George asked his friends, still on the verge of tears.

"Of course, Georgie. Come on," Alex replied.

The three of them got into Karl's car, and began driving. George was again in the front passenger seat, squeezing Karl's hand tightly. Except this time with pain and sadness instead of nervousness. George had already brought his stuff with him, because they had already planned on going home later. If this wouldn't have happened, they would have ended up going out to eat later. Like they usually would, but today just wasn't the day. The other two didn't mind though, George needed time.

They arrived at George's house. George got out as he told his friends goodbye. Karl gave George a faint smile while Alex mouthed something along the lines of 'stay safe'. He watched his friends drive off before opening his front door. He was going straight to his room. He wanted nothing to do with anyone at all.

"Hey honey," George's mom called out. "Did you have fun at Karl's?"

"Yeah. It was fun," George lied. Then he slammed his door shut. He didn't mean too, really, but he really didn't care. George realized he should care though, because he heard loud, angry footsteps getting closer to his door. It swung open hard enough to put a hole in the wall if the door stopper wasn't there.

    "What was that for?" George's dad shouted. "You know you're not suppose to slam doors in this house. I better not hear it again or else."

    George nodded slightly.

    "What was that?" George's dad asked. He stepped closer.

    "Yes sir," George replied quickly. His dad then walked out and shut the door behind him.

It was about 6:30pm at the time. George fell onto his bed and began to sob once again. This time, it was louder and more painful. No one could hear him from upstairs. He let everything out that he had held in on the way home. George had been hurt before, many times actually, but this was different. God, this hurt so much worse. George had never been hurt this bad before by someone who he truly loved. He knew he loved Clay, there was no doubt in that. George smashed his head back into his pillow, releasing all of his tears once more. Eventually, he fell asleep.

    George had woken up. It was only 6:47am. He decided to stay awake. George usually got up at 7 anyways, so there wasn't a point in going back to sleep. George didn't remember if he had set alarms or not, but he had gone to sleep so early, it must have been the reason he woke up on time. What had happened the day before?