chapter eight

TW: Slight homophobia. Skip "-" if needed.
Song suggested: Apocalypse ;(

"Why," George asked hesitantly.

Clay had been questioning himself the past 2 days. He knew that in his mind, being gay was wrong, but George was different. Clay felt something for George. He didn't know if it was in a friend way, or generally love for George. He didn't really know why he was sorry.

"I-I dont know. It's just, something clicked in my mind and i don't know what. I couldn't stand seeing you upset," Clay said quietly.

George had so many different emotions. He didn't know if Clay really meant what he said, or if he just felt bad for George.

"I don't know what to say," George said. "Talk to me when you know why you're sorry. I don't want to be told sorry in a sympathetic way, i want you to mean it. Bye, Clay."

George walked off to head back into the lunchroom. Clay watched as the shorter brunette walked out of his sight. He meant it when he said sorry, but George was right. He should have had a reason, but Clay just didn't know. He didn't want to say he liked George, but a part of him still cared about him. Clay then made his way back to the lunchroom as well, but had gone a different way to respect George's space. Why had his feelings changed so suddenly?

George walked back into the lunchroom and sat back down in his spot. There was still about 10 minutes left.

"Where'd you go? Everything okay?" Karl asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Clay asked me to meet him behind the school." George answered.

"What'd he say?" Alex asked suspiciously. After yesterday, he was definitely not a fan of Clay.

"He apologized for saying all of those things he said and told me he couldn't stand seeing me upset. He said he didn't know why he was sorry though, so i told him to talk to me when he knew his reasoning." George said quietly.

"Fair enough," Karl added.

The three continued to eat their lunch and plan the rest of their day. Then the bell rang. After walking out of the cafeteria door, they all went different ways except for George and Alex. They had their next class together.

    It was the end of the day, and it came fairly quick. The last two periods had gone faster than the ones before lunch. Alex, Karl, and George all walked outside and leaned against the school wall as usual. They planned to go to Alex's again today, and so they did. They all separated and drove off. George got a message while he was stopped at a red light, not to much longer after he had left school.

Clay <3
hey, i promise i don't mean
to sound creepy, but what's
your address? just incase i ever
needed it.
3:53pm

George was confused. He still gave Clay his address anyways. Why did Clay ask for his address, he didn't know. However, he had arrived at Alex's. He turned off his car and immediately got out, because Karl had beat him there. There was also an unfamiliar car in the driveway. George ignored it. He swung open the door and closed it behind him before walking into his friends room. He opened the door to see someone else as well, it was Sapnap. He guessed Karl had invited him. George joined the rest of the group and sat on the bed, budding into the conversation.

Alex and George both got to know Sapnap a little better. He seemed pretty cool, and they both knew Karl had feelings for him. He was super red and could barley speak around Sapnap. Sapnap seemed more of a better person than Clay was. He didn't know how they were such good friends. Sapnap had mentioned Clay a few times, but George kept his head low and ignored everything. Sapnap got the subtle hint that George wasn't a fan of Clay right now. Although he didn't know why, he stopped talking about him.

George had been in Clays mind all day. He still didn't know why. His drive home was silent, only thoughts running through his head. Clay wanted to meet up with George, but didn't know how. He still didn't have a reason on why he was sorry, so George would refuse to meet up.

Clay walked through his door as he arrived home, giving a soft smile to his parents before closing his door. He quickly threw everything to the ground and fell onto his bed. He shoved his face into his pillow and screamed internally. What was going on? Was Clay really gay? He had never thought about it before. No, he still liked girls. So, was he bi? Clay guessed he was. He wasn't going to say anything to anyone, not even Sapnap. He didn't know for sure, so he kept it to himself.

George had to go home. His mom had texted him as usual, letting him know dinner was ready. He waved his friends goodbye and proceeded to walk out of the door. He got into his car and drove off. Clay was surprisingly not on his mind. Well, not until he thought about it. He had been so distracted with getting to know Sapnap and hanging out with his friends that it had left his mind. He wasn't complaining though.

George arrived home. He walked through the door and went straight to his room. He dropped off his things just to go right back into the dining room. His mom had just finished dinner and had gotten everyone's plates out already. George's mom was actually a good cook, so he wasn't one to purposely skip dinner. His family members all sat down at the dinner table and began to eat. Even his dad was here for a change, but it was suspicious to George. He knew why.

"Who's Clay?" George's dad asked.

George's body froze. He had shivers down his spine and felt like he stopped breathing for a second. How did his dad know about Clay, and what did he know?

"He's just one of my friends," George answered, terrified about what his dad knew.

-
"LIAR!" His dad shouted, slamming the table in the process. "Can you explain why there is a heart by his name and why every time i pass your phone, there's always a message from him. Don't tell me i have a gay son. A gay son is no son of mine!"

"Honey, it's okay." George's mom said, trying her best to help George out.

"It is not okay! If he's gay, i refuse to ever have anything to do with him. He's a disgrace to this family." George's dad shouted once again. His voice echoed through the house.
-

George's eyes fled with tears. He quickly got up and ran to his room, slamming his door behind him. He could hear his dad continue to have a fit about the situation. George fled to his bed and began sobbing. It was hard for George to breathe with how hard he was crying. Eventually, his mom came into his room. She probably wasn't suppose to be up there, but she peaked her head through the door and mouthed 'i'm sorry' to George. George nodded and turned back around. He eventually got the motivation to get up and put comfier clothes on. Not much after, he fell onto his bed and quickly fell into a deep sleep. His eyes were a very bright red and so were his cheeks. His eyes were puffy and his body was shaky.

It was around 11:45pm when George was woken up from a sound. It was coming from his window. He jumped up cautiously and peaked out of the window. He saw a rock hit the window again and it made him jump slightly. Someone was outside, but he couldn't make out who it was. He squinted a little harder and the shadow was revealed.

Clay was outside his window.

(1336 Words)
——————————————————————-
I was about half asleep writing the last half of this story so i'm sorry if it sucks. :(

stay safe, you're worth it. <3