chapter thirteen

Song suggested: The beach :)

    He wondered what Clay was going to ask George.

An alarm went off.

Karl shot up, because for some reason his alarm had scared him this morning. He softly nudged George to wake him up.

"I don't wanna," George complained.

"You have to," Karl responded. "We both have to get ready."

    George sighed and got out of bed. He picked out a comfortable outfit from his bag and walked to the bathroom. Since he had showered the night before, he only had to get dressed and do his hair. George didn't really care about what he looked like today, he didn't even want to go. He remembered that this was how he felt after everything with Clay happened, except this was about ten times worse. It was because it was his father who had said many awful things to him. Not just someone he had feelings for.

    George stepped out of the bathroom and allowed Karl to walk in. Karl let George go first since he didn't have to shower and Karl did. It just made more sense. After about 20 minutes, Karl walked back into the room to see George on his phone. He looked awful. Karl knew George probably didn't want to go, but at the same time, he thought it might be good to let something else take the situation off of George's mind.

    "Hey Karl," George announced. "Why didn't you tell me Clay texted last night?"

    Karl awkwardly stood there. He felt bad looking at Clay's message, but he just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything worth waking George up.

    "I'm sorry, i was just making sure it wasn't anything i needed to wake you for," Karl apologized.

    "It's okay, i just didn't notice it and didn't want him to think i was ignoring him." George answered.

    George had texted Clay back, agreeing to meet him at his place after school. He was nervous. What did Clay want to ask him? He had said it was something important.

After the two boys were ready, they had walked out of the front door, earning a sweet goodbye from Karl's parents. George was almost like their other child if they were being honest.

Karl and George got into the car and started the drive to school. Karl took the driver seat, considering it was his car, and George took the passenger. They both sat in a slightly comfortable, but also uncomfortable silence. George had Clay on his mind, while Karl was worried for his best friend. It was a short ride from Karl's home to the school, so they were there in no time.

Karl proceeded to get out at a normal pace while George slowly made his way out of the car. He didn't want to be there. At all. The two brunettes walked into the school and began heading towards their friends, but George was stopped by someone. It was Clay.

"Hey Georgie," Clay greeted. He had a smile on his face that had quickly dropped at realizing how upset and stressed George looked. "Is everything okay?"

George fell into Clays arms. He didn't care about the stares he gained, and neither did Clay. George chocked back his tears. He dove closer to Clay's chest each time he was closer to crying. Karl looked back to see George was gone, but then saw that he was just with Clay.

"I'll tell you when i come over," George answered. He hugged Clay tightly and slowly walked back over to his friends.

    Sapnap waited for George to walk off before saying something to Clay.

    "Clay," Sapnap spoke.

    Clay looked away from George and made eye contact with his best friend. He gave him a look, telling Sapnap he was paying attention.