chapter twelve

TW: mental and physical abuse (beginning of
this chapter)

Song suggested: Sleep Thru Ur Alarms

"Where were you last night?"

"I spent the night at a friends house," George spoke quietly. "I'm sorry i forgot to tell you i was staying over."

His dad was staring at him with an awful look. He seemed, disgusted.

"With who?" His dad spoke.

"It was Clay, but i promise, we are just frie-," George was cut off.

He was terrified.

"Don't lie to me idiot! Clearly he isn't just some friend to you, George. If this is the same Clay guy in this video you're talking about, then clearly you are both more than friends!" His dad yelled.

His fathers phone was shoved into George's face and a video played. It was a video of Clay kissing George on the forehead. This is what Schlatt was talking about.

"What is wrong with you? I cant stand to have you in my home. I wish you were never born!" He father yelled. His words echoed throughout the home.

George had tears running down his face. He didn't even have to blink for them to fall. Then time was stopped by a hard slap that George felt on his face. He fell to the ground. George covered his face with his hands in pain. He had always thought his dad was a bad person, but he had never thought he would hit anyone in the family. I guess he was the first.

    "I hate you," His dad muttered.

    His mom mouthed 'i'm sorry' to a George. He knew his mom would come help him when his dad was gone, but he didn't want her to get hurt as well. Except, he wasn't going to need her to check on him. George was going to leave. He didn't know where he would go, but it was somewhere away from this hell of a home. He was tired of it.

George ran to his room as quickly and quietly as he could. He didn't want his parents to know he was leaving. He grabbed a small bag, packed extra clothes, and left out of the front door. George ran out to his car and unlocked it. He sat in the drivers seat and began to pull out of his driveway. He still wasn't sure of where he was going. George texted Karl to ask if he could come over. It wasn't to late or anything.

Georgie
hey karl, can i please
come over?
if you're not busy.
  6:43pm

    George slowly drove towards Karl's home. He knew Karl would most likely say yes, but he drove slow incase his answer was different. His phone buzzed.

Karl (:
of course georgie!
is everything okay?
    6:46pm

    No. Nothing was okay right now, but George decided he would tell Karl everything when he got there. Soon enough, he pulled into the driveway. George got out of his car with his things and went up to the front door. He was over at Karl's so much that he didn't have to knock. Neither Karl nor Karl's parents cared when George came over, but he always asked in case. George walked into the home and headed straight to Karl's room, which was on the left.

    "Hey George, are you okay?" Karl asked, with a concerned look on his face.

    George fell into Karl arms, sobbing uncontrollably. His things slid out of his hands as he had become weak from falling onto his best friend. George could have cared less about anything right now. He didn't know what he was feelings. George lifted his head up slightly to ask Karl a question.