18

The next time he feels alive, the first thing that his mind register is the bad headache. The pain is the first thing he notices before his body can register any other sensation. His body doesn't feel like it belongs to him, he feels like being trapped inside a metallic doll, because even opening his eyes seem like a hard task.

Once the pain seems to subdue a little, he can take his mind back from it and focus on something else. His eyes are still closed but his eyebrows are knitted together as he try to work through exactly what happened before he fell unconscious.

" I thought you died." A voice reverberates in his ears and he's forced to open him eyes. It's a little blurry at first, probably because of being unconscious for so long. Slowly, his view comes back to normal. The first person he saw was Yoongi, looking at him with an amused smirk.

Jimin rolled his eyes at that, the older is still dares to tease him. He tries to sit up but his body is still not back to it's original condition. On seeing him struggle, Yoongi quickly went to his side to help him.

" Where's am I ?" He tries to move his head to look at his surroundings but it hurts so much even in that simple moment.

" You don't remember ? There was a zombie outbreak out there and we are the only two alive." Jimin gives him a deadly glare, the older have the audacity to joke in such a situation.

" Sorry sorry." Yoongi quickly apologize on seeing Jimin is about to kill him. He isn't a mind reader but he can tell that Jimin is planning to bury him alive.

" You're in a hospital. You passed out after getting shot." Yoongi points at his arm that was now wrapped with a gauze firmly. No doubt, it was hurting so much.

" But nothing too serious, the bullet just gave you a little cut on your arm while going it's way. You just passed out from shock." Jimin scoffs at how Yoongi puts his words. He feel offended. Of course, anyone would pass out after getting shot. What is he? An Iron man?

He tries to hit Yoongi with his hand, he forgets about the injury and uses the same arm that causes him to fall back on the bed with a loud groan.
" It hurts." He breaths heavily.

Yoongi feels the pain that Jimin was going through. He eyes looked at the younger with a worried look.
" Of course it does. Who told you to jump there and play hero ?" Jimin puffs up his cheeks. Yoongi is an ungrateful brat, he saved Yoongi's life just to hear an earful from him ?

" So what I should've let my- you die there ?" He turns to look away from him. Yoongi feels sorry for scolding him.

" Jimin ah, thank you."
A little smile curls on Jimin's lips on hearing the words he have been dying to hear.
" You owe me your life." He said staring right down at Yoongi's soul.
" Yeah, sure I do." He laughs and place his hand on top of Jimin to caress it. Jimin closes his eyes at that and let himself get relaxed under Yoongi's touch. He feels safe.

" Oh, Jimin you're awake ?" Yoongi got away from Jimin on hearing the voice of their head. In an instant he's 5 feet away from Jimin.

" Sir, what're you doing here ?" Jimin tries to stand up to show his respect towards him but he stops him from he could even get up.

" You could say we came for your rescue." He looks at Yoongi, and winked at his direction.
" We have caught the criminals thanks to your hardwork. Focus on recovering and then you can go back to Korea." Jimin bows as much as his body allows him to in the current position.

" Good job, kid. I'll put a nice word for both of you." Yoongi bows at him for that and soon the head left the hospital room leaving them at their peace again.

" Now, can you tell me what actually happened ?" Yoongi takes a seat next to Jimin's bed. It's gonna be a long story.

" When you didn't come back before midnight I knew something was wrong." Jimin stops the smile from forming when he saw the frown on Yoongi's face as he if was still missing.

" But I still decided to wait upto the next morning before doing something." He trusted Jimin as an excellent agent so he tried to make excuses in his mind for why he was late. But all hell break lose when there Jimin didn't come back next morning too.

" I called our headquarters in the morning and told them that you were missing. They said that they'll come as soon as possible but I couldn't wait for that long. So, I went to Daniel's house to search for you." Jimin gasps at that.

" You could have got caught ?" He's feeling terrified as if this all is happening right at this instant.

" Finding you was more important." Yoongi stared deeper into his eyes. And for a moment they both stayed like that before Yoongi breaks the eye contact.

" I went to his house to search but I wasn't able to find you and I understood he hid you somewhere else." He's not at the top of the list for nothing. He was able to beat the eyes of the surveillance camera and the guards, not only once but twice.

" Later on we did a thorough research on them with the pics that we clicked that day. After hours of searching we were able to know about their families."

" But finding you was the hard task. So, I decided to be the bait." Jimin is a little taken aback that Yoongi risked his life for him when he practically did the same thing too.

" I went back to the club so that they could catch me. They thought they got me under their control but it was only until I came to you." He says with a satisfied smirk. Oh how, much he wanted to laugh in their faces when they were taking them to where Jimin was.

" I had a bugging device in my button that recorded everything and sent to the higher ups. They knew the location and were on standby outside." Jimin wants to clap at that but he can't move his other hand.

" So, when you got hit they immediately came rushing inside and took you to the hospital." He hisses even on the remembrance of that.

" I thought you were an idiot, but I see you have brain too." He says in a sassy tone.
Giggling on seeing Yoongi's pissed off face.
The older was expecting much nice comments from the younger.
" Since you have the energy to insult me it proves that you're okay."

Jimin hums to that and let his head fall back onto the pillow. Yoongi knows the younger is sleepy.

" Sleep, I'll be here for you." He drags his stool closer to the bed and start ruffling Jimin's hair and just in a few seconds he was deep asleep.

___________________________________________

YEAHH 🥳 No angst for this story.