Chapter 51|The Poisoned Fairy

A/N: Been drawing a lot recently, especially the elves in this fanfiction.

I pressed a few fingers to my stuffed otter, casting a quick teleportation spell. Hopefully it would end up in my bedroom, and not a pile of ash on the sidewalk. The otter disappeared in a puff of blue magic. The braided steel of my swords glinted in the afternoon light. My mother let out a dry chuckle. "You do remember the last time you tried to fight me, right?" Burning memories flitted behind my eyes. My body started to ache as I remembered the searing pain of the iron chains. "And yet I still escaped, Mother." My voice was dripping with poison. "Only because your little friends helped you. You're weak on your own. I can make you strong, if only you would join me." Mother, no, Jessamine stretched out a hand. "No. There is nothing wrong with needing help, and I'm stronger than you'll ever know." With that I lunged toward Jessamine.

She whistled, causing the wolves to attack. My eyes flicked over to the smoke, where they were chasing after civilians. "Loki! Protect the civilians!" I yelled. Loki nodded and began slicing away at the shadow wolves with his daggers. Meanwhile, I focused on the battle with Jessamine. She summoned a group of thrashing vines. Each one was lined with thorns. I cut through them as they came toward me. I sidestepped a particular thorny vine, then slashed at Jessamine. My sword caught in a vine she used to shield herself. I pulled it out, backing away. A head on attack wasn't doing anything,

My blades made a small shink noise as they clicked into place. I cast a spell, causing an arrow made of light and magic to form on my bowstring. The arrow streaked across the air and exploded on impact with a vine. The explosion knocked me off of my feet.

The back of my legs and the area around my spine stung as the force dragged me across the asphalt road. A shrill ringing burst to life in my ears. A strong gust of wind behind me snapped my thoughts from my pain. A low growl rumbled from Tourmaline's chest. In her mouth hung my quiver of arrows. I gleefully strapped it onto my back, thankful to not have to cause another explosion. My glee turned into horror as a shadow wolf charged at me. Before it could attack, though, a metallic hammer hit the wolf in the maw. The rest of the Avengers had arrived. "Need any help?" Tony yelled over the ringing in my ears. I grinned. "Couldn't have Loki and I have all the glory, could you?"

Mjolnir flew back into Thor's hand, garnering electricity. I shied away from the crackling arcs. I notched an arrow, shooting it toward my mom. It clipped her in the arm. White blood dripped from her arm, a silvery sheen to it. I already knew she had been corrupted by some kind of dark magic, but I didn't know it was blood-deep. Jessamine growled, more vines erupting from the asphalt in protection. I shot a few more arrows, both towards Jessamine and the shadow wolves.

My muscles ached as I chipped away at her strength. I panted as I casted another spell, singing the vines into submission. They twisted and undulating under my command, turning on their creator. My mother shrieked, getting desperate. Green magic swirled around her hand as she flung another spell at me. A cactus erupted from the ground, breaking through the asphalt. I shrieked as the cactus shot into my torso, barely missing an organ. Or maybe it hit an organ, who knows? Needles shot into my leg.

I blinked back the stinging tears prickling at my eyes, and ripped myself away from the cactus. I limped through pain, crimson dripping down my body and the pavement. My fingers wrapped around my swords as I inched closer. Jessamine's ivory eyes widened as she realized what she had done to me. I closed my blades around her throat, our blood swirling together as it oozed out of us. "Goodbye, Mother. I don't think Marigold will have much remorse after you left her in the clutches of Hydra." My voice was even, cold, and emotionless. Contrast to the storm of emotions coursing through my body. "I'm so sorry. I love you so much, my daughter." I narrowed my eyes as I dragged my swords over her throat.

The tears that were pooling around my eyes let loose. All of the pain, both physical and emotional, finally caught up to me. I was vaguely aware of the wolves around me poofing out of existence with a shriek. A pair of armored arms wrapped around me, dragging me away from the body of my mother. "It's okay, my flower." Loki said reassuredly. Exhaustion crept over my body.