◇28.THE HIDDEN TRUTH◇

"Do you think, Stella has something to do with this?" Came Zayn's voice from behind me which caught me off guard.

My eyes moved to Ashton, I waited for him to shout at Zayn but he didn't.
Coming out of his deep thinking he said," I am not sure."

Really? You don't believe your own sister?

"Guys...not now." I said as the boys seemed to ignore the fact that Stella was with us.

She was sitting quietly on the chair near dining table. She had gulped down two glasses of water in past ten minutes.

Did she hear her brother saying that he was not sure about her?
Even if she did, her emotions were latent behind her blank face with her eyes staring at the blue bare wall in front.

"Umm...do you need some more water?" I asked hoping she would get out of her trance.

She didn't reply. Instead a tear passed from her left eye.

I was afraid to hug her, it seemed like I could break her or something as she looked weak and delicate.

"Shhh...you are fine here with us Stella." Said Brady patting her back.

Soon she broke the silence and started crying hysterically in Brady's arms.

It was unbearable for Ashton to even look at her state so he stood up and left the room.

What kind of brother is he?

"Do you guys really think I'm involved with the murderer?" Stella finally spoke up.

"We were just discussing the possibilities, Stella. Also you may not have been in this whole thing but Nathan is surely involved." Said Zayn tapping his fingers on his chin as if thinking deeply.

"Shut up!" Shouted Stella which startled not only Zayn but all of us present.

Stella wipes her tears and prepared to speak again,"Nathan is not a murderer okay? No one in this room is as innocent as he is."

As soon as she finished there was a scoff which escaped Zayn's mouth.
I glared at him giving him a sign that I'll beat him if he doesn't keep quite.

"Ahem, umm I'll have some fresh air. It's kinda suffocating here." And with that Zayn left the room too.

I looked up at Brady and motioned him to ask her what had happened but Brady moved his head in a no

Ughhh why are these guys afraid of crying Stella?

"It's okay Stella, we just want to know what happened last night. We are not going to judge you okay?" I said hoping to get a positive response.

"You still think I'm involved in the mishaps right? Go away! Just go." She shouted at top of her voice and it didn't take me a minute to realise why the guys are afraid of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were all sitting in the garden waiting for Nathan to come. He was with Detective the whole night.

Stella was fast asleep in my bedroom, I chose not to wake her up even when it was past noon.

"I don't know what to think, I've lost my brother in this month, my sister has been caught in a contrasting situation, my Aunt hasn't come to even console us." Said Ashton and started sobbing.

For a moment I thought it was Aspen. Ashton being sporty and strong had never shown his emotional side but this time I don't know why but it was difficult to tell if it was Ashton or Aspen.