◇21.FUNERAL DAY◇

The Funeral day arrived. Stella was not sure if she could handle the atmosphere there. But we all agreed on the thing that we ought to go there and pay our final respect to Katherine's soul.
Also maybe we could get something related to what exactly had happened.

I was ready with my black skirt suit and asked Stella if she was ready. Unlike me, she was wearing a dark pantsuit. I grabbed my dark hat and asked her again if she was in the state to attend the funeral service.

My mom dropped us at the well-known church of the town and told us to be safe. She had some work to do so she couldn't attend the service.

I saw the boys coming towards us.
Stella hugged Ashton and both of them went to see Katherine's parents.

Brady was wearing a solid plain white shirt and a black tux over it with a dark tie. He looked very legal and this element added a whole lot of charm to his personality.

He smiled at me and we went inside.

I saw Katherine's Mom who was straight in her composure. Though she was not crying, her dried tears were visible on her cheeks.

People were coming by and saying some words of truth and leaving but she paid no attention to them, she kept looking into the blank space.

I assume Katherine's father came and placed his hand on her shoulder when she suddenly burst into tears.

Now she was in the real world with a whole crying mess. Her state was unbearable for us.

The person who lost not only one but two of her daughters was now cursing at her fate.

I was about to talk to her when a hand tapped my shoulder.

"Nice to see you again Ms Sinclair," said Detective Lockwood scanning me from head to toe.

I smiled awkwardly and tried to ask him why he was at the church.

"What does that mean?" Asked Brady raising his eyebrows as he came a little closer to me.

The detective chuckled a little and gestured us to follow him. We both took a glance at each other then decided to follow him.

When he stopped, we were met by Ashton, Stella, Zayn, Nathan already standing there.

"Let's not start our new day with so much of sobs and a negative atmosphere." Said the detective.

"Are you serious? We are supposed to attend our friend's funeral. Even if she doesn't matter to you, she matters a lot to us." Said Zayn afflicted.

Detective Lockwood took us to his office again for interrogation without reasoning with us.

But this time all of us were together.

The questioning started from Ashton.

He told us that he went to get the ice cream and came back at 11.30 pm when the lights went off.

I confirmed the fact that he was with me when we saw Katherine lying there.

No one apart from Mia was in the living room.

Detective Lockwood gave each of us a paper and a pen and asked us to write answers to whichever question he would ask.

Where were you all when the lights went off and what did you contemplate in that darkness?

After writing the answer we submitted the sheet to him. He took one and started reading.

Rose
I was with Brady when the lights went off, he took me outside to tell me something. Then he went to Stella as we heard her voice and I went through the entrance inside with Ashton as he arrived at that moment.